|Integrating Kieler algorithms into Graphiti editors [message #833990]
||Sun, 01 April 2012 04:13
| Jayant Gupta
Registered: March 2012
I am a newbie to Graphiti. I am having the following task at hand :
1. I already have a graphical editor (made using Graphiti) for diagrammatically representing and editing my Domain Model (which is being expressed using a DSL made in Xtext).
2. I have to provide a feature of automatic layouting in this graphical editor using the well-known KIELER framework which provides algorithms for automatic layouting.
Could anyone give me an idea as to how this task could be implemented.
I have gathered the following hints and information in this respect:
1. Few of the previous posts in the forum says that the development team is working on providing such a kind of integration in Graphiti ( i.e. a implementation of Kieler layouting algorithms for graphical editor made in Graphiti )
2. The page no. 17 of "Graphiti 0.8.0 Release Review" says that Kieler project has integrated their layouting algorithms with Graphiti
3. The Graphiti FAQs no. 2 provides a snippet for integrating a layouter which comes with GEF into Graphiti.
4. The Kieler project page provides a plugin (through svn) in this regard.
Even with these resources in hand, i am unable to understand how would the above mentioned task be implemented.
It might be very straight forward but I will be highly grateful to you, if you could help me, considering me as a newbie.
Thanking you in advance.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.16796 seconds