Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Why can I see source of (e.g.) DefaultClassLoader in "Open Type" but not in debugger?
Why can I see source of (e.g.) DefaultClassLoader in "Open Type" but not in debugger? [message #831806] Thu, 29 March 2012 11:25 Go to next message
Alexey Romanov is currently offline Alexey RomanovFriend
I can open org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader with "Open Type" (Ctrl+Shift+T) and see its source. However, when I see the same class in a debugger trace, I get "Source not found" message. How do I fix this?
Re: Why can I see source of (e.g.) DefaultClassLoader in "Open Type" but not in debugger? [message #831991 is a reply to message #831806] Thu, 29 March 2012 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Rennie is currently offline Michael RennieFriend
How are you debugging? If you are debugging a target workspace it all will "just work" if you are attaching the debugger in some other fashion you will have to update the source lookup path on your launch configuration accordingly.

Re: Why can I see source of (e.g.) DefaultClassLoader in "Open Type" but not in debugger? [message #832014 is a reply to message #831991] Thu, 29 March 2012 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am launching application from Eclipse in the usual way.

> you will have to update the source lookup path on your launch configuration accordingly

How can I find where "Open Type" is getting the source from?
Re: Why can I see source of (e.g.) DefaultClassLoader in "Open Type" but not in debugger? [message #832711 is a reply to message #832014] Fri, 30 March 2012 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
On the Launch Config dialog, there is a Source tab that you can use to set the source location. Check there to see if something is messed up.
Re: Why can I see source of (e.g.) DefaultClassLoader in "Open Type" but not in debugger? [message #832717 is a reply to message #832711] Fri, 30 March 2012 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is in Java Application launch configuration, but not in Eclipse Application.
Re: Why can I see source of (e.g.) DefaultClassLoader in "Open Type" but not in debugger? [message #832847 is a reply to message #832717] Fri, 30 March 2012 17:08 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
I'm not understanding what your post is saying exactly. The Source tab is on the Java Application launch configuration dialog.
Previous Topic:Javascript ide does not show dom spelling errors
Next Topic:Indigo update site "Pending..." forever and "Failed to read repository"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:33:02 GMT 2024