Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » touchpoint action when plugin updates
touchpoint action when plugin updates [message #830610] Tue, 27 March 2012 17:44 Go to next message
Phil R is currently offline Phil R
Hi,

I know how to create a touchpoint action when the plugin is installed for the first time. This is done with following p2.inf settings which uses my own install feature:
metaRequirements.0.namespace=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.osgi   
metaRequirements.0.name=installAction    
metaRequirements.0.range=1.0   

instructions.configure=installAction();   
instructions.configure.import=featureproject.mytouchpoint.custominstall.installAction

However I also would like to add custom code when the plugin updates.
I also need the previous installed version of the installed plugin-bundle that is being updated

Could you give any example/help?

Regards,
Phil
Re: touchpoint action when plugin updates [message #830984 is a reply to message #830610] Wed, 28 March 2012 05:59 Go to previous message
Phil R is currently offline Phil R
Hi,

I solved it myself. The problem was the range. However if the range is set with the more recent versions included it still aborts with an error that it can't install another touchpoint (when installing the custom plugin) so I just removed the range and now it seems to take the most recent one... Any information because of this behaviour would be welcome Smile

Regards,
Phil
Previous Topic:Programatically Creating Deployment Descriptor
Next Topic:Developing a FileSystem Extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 21 22:11:05 EDT 2014