Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Configure Dali Entitty Generator to create all @column annotations
Configure Dali Entitty Generator to create all @column annotations [message #830174] Tue, 27 March 2012 09:41 Go to next message
Colin Brown is currently offline Colin BrownFriend
I need to create JPA Entities for a large number of tables from a legacy database.
Is there a way to get the Dali Entity generator to generate all of the @column annotation attributes? At present, it's only creating the length attribute for varchar fields
e.g.
@Column(length=35)

Ideally, I would like it to generate the complete definition, something like:
@Column(length=35, name="address1", columnDefinition="xxx" ...)

and also the scale & precision for numeric fields.

The idea behind this is that this will give the ability to use the attributes at runtime for automatic data input validation, and even generation of data entry forms.

I could write the code to do this myself, but Dali presumably has all this information when it reads the table definition during entity creation and it makes sense to include the information with the application code.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 27 March 2012 10:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Configure Dali Entitty Generator to create all @column annotations [message #830342 is a reply to message #830174] Tue, 27 March 2012 14:01 Go to previous message
Karen Butzke is currently offline Karen ButzkeFriend
Hi Colin,

It looks like we have the capability to do this: on the 'Customize Defaults' page of the Entity generation wizard there is a check box 'Always generate optional JPA annotations and DDL parameters'. It seems like a bug to me that Dali doesn't completely follow through with what that check box says. Could you enter a bug for this against Web Tools -> Dali JPA Tools? Also, you can join us over on the Dali forum for future questions about Dali.

Thanks,
Karen
Previous Topic:Generate Entities from Tables (Postgres)
Next Topic:How to restrict other queries getting executed.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:05:35 GMT 2024