Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » how to work with Eclipse Source Code in Eclipse itself(iNETGRATE Eclipse Source Code in Eclipse)
how to work with Eclipse Source Code in Eclipse itself [message #830157] Tue, 27 March 2012 09:15 Go to next message
bunta Choudhary is currently offline bunta ChoudharyFriend
I have download entire Eclipse Helios/Indigo version Source Code. Now I want to work on it like some modifications and all. So I imported the entire sourceCode but now I am getting n number of errors while compiling. Moreover I am trying to RunAs> Plug-in is confusing me about the output I am getting is the changed one or what.

My Problems are-
Quote:
How to import entire Eclipse SOurceCode in eclipse?
How to build the Eclipse SourceCode properly?
After modification in the SC of Eclipse , how to check the changes feasility?
Re: how to work with Eclipse Source Code in Eclipse itself [message #830600 is a reply to message #830157] Tue, 27 March 2012 21:26 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
You are underestimating the size of the Eclipse source code Smile Fortunately, PDE makes it easier to develop plug-ins and you will only need to import the projects you intend to modify into your workspace.

Each component should provide a guide on how to contribute, for example, this is platform UI's
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/How_to_Contribute
Previous Topic:Synchronization in between Web Page Editor pages
Next Topic:Programatically Creating Deployment Descriptor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:26:31 GMT 2024