Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Documentation View(Extract a Multiline comment documentation into a view)
Documentation View [message #830134] Tue, 27 March 2012 08:37 Go to next message
Roman Yusupov is currently offline Roman YusupovFriend
Hello I'm trying to create a javadoc-like documentation possibility for my DSL. So far I've succeeded to get the documentation in a hover using DefaultEObjectHoverProvider and MultiLineCommentDocumentationProvider.
Now I would like that documentation to also appear in a view which I've added to the plug-in that I'm using to work with the DSL. Any suggestions how I can extract that ML documentation as a String to put into the view?

Regards
Roman
Re: Documentation View [message #830150 is a reply to message #830134] Tue, 27 March 2012 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Why Not injecting the providers into the view. Just make sure you
guicify it using YourExecutableExtensionFactory in the plugin xml

Need professional support for Xtext, Xpand, EMF?
Go to: http://xtext.itemis.com
Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : christiandietrich.wordpress.com
Re: Documentation View [message #848355 is a reply to message #830134] Wed, 18 April 2012 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roman Yusupov is currently offline Roman YusupovFriend
Didn't actually need to inject them. I instantiated a new IEObjectDocumentationProvider in the view. Implemented ISelectionListener and added it as a postSelectionListener in the SelectionService in workbench, so when that's triggered I can send the current semantic node to the DocumentationProvider.
Re: Documentation View [message #848364 is a reply to message #848355] Wed, 18 April 2012 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

this (call the constructor) does not work if you use the Guice Customization Points the MultiLineCommentDocumentationProvider offers

Need professional support for Xtext, Xpand, EMF?
Go to: http://xtext.itemis.com
Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : christiandietrich.wordpress.com
Re: Documentation View [message #1007280 is a reply to message #830134] Tue, 05 February 2013 10:55 Go to previous message
Sebastian Neumann is currently offline Sebastian NeumannFriend
Hi Roman,

do you mind sharing how you got the DefaultEObjectHoverProvider and MultiLineCommentDocumentationProvider to work? I have been trying unsuccessfully to get this to work.

Regards,
Sebastian
Previous Topic:Node Model outline
Next Topic:Strange Xtext error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 25 00:46:00 GMT 2016