Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit » Merge does not respect mergeoptions(config file value not used)
Merge does not respect mergeoptions [message #824488] Mon, 19 March 2012 14:33 Go to next message
rahim virani is currently offline rahim virani
I have the following entry in my global git config file:

branch.master.mergeoptions=--no-commit --no-ff

At the command line, this takes effect. However, in EGit, neither option is effective. EGit will do a fast forward merge and auto-commit (if applicable).

How do I get EGit to respect the value here, or at minimum, perform a non-fast-forward AND non-committing merge? The merge dialog has no options.
Re: Merge does not respect mergeoptions [message #824542 is a reply to message #824488] Mon, 19 March 2012 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Halstrick is currently offline Christian Halstrick
EGit uses JGit for all git operations. And JGit simply doesn't support these options yet. We would have to first build these options into JGit and second enhance the UI in EGit to show these options.

I added a implementation of no-commit in https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/4945/. But it is not yet merged. I think nobody has started with no-ff yet. Contributions welcome Smile

I'll see whether we at least get no-commit in soon.

Ciao
Chris
Re: Merge does not respect mergeoptions [message #824548 is a reply to message #824542] Mon, 19 March 2012 16:05 Go to previous message
rahim virani is currently offline rahim virani
thanks for your response and work. I am looking forward to these features.
Previous Topic:Remote Tracking Branch Issues
Next Topic:Eclipse does not seem to recognize ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 fingerprint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 17 03:40:41 EDT 2014