Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Control based authorization in eclipse RCP
Control based authorization in eclipse RCP [message #824036] Mon, 19 March 2012 03:07
gaurav dubey is currently offline gaurav dubey
Hi All,

I am developing RCP application using eclipse 3.5. I need to implement role based authorization in my application. I read some articles but they focused on hiding views/perspectives/menus etc. In my case i need to hide swt widgets(text/combo) displayed on view based on the role.

I was thinking of providing unique id to each SWT control and and some util class which contains the mapping of swt controls with the role, so whenever the view will be displayed the util class will provide the eligible SWT control needs to display for the logged in user.

I am not sure whether this approach works or not so please let me know if the above approach is possible how can i proceed.

Can we achieve the same thing using AOP?

Please guide me the mechanism to implement the required behavior of the functionality.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Gaurav
Previous Topic:Why org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info can not be updated based on the plugins
Next Topic:Progress View is not refreshing when running many jobs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 22 21:39:53 EDT 2014