Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Two clicks on two different tabs interpretted as double-click(Eclipse GUI)
Two clicks on two different tabs interpretted as double-click [message #823872] Mon, 19 March 2012 01:31 Go to next message
Ben S is currently offline Ben SFriend
I believe this a mac os x issue only. (I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.9, Indigo Service Release 1, Build id: 20110916-0149.)

Lets say I have 2 .java files open in the editor view. I click on tab #1 (once) and then tab #2 (once), and the time between these two clicks is under a second, the second click on tab #2 is interpreted as a double click and it will be maximized.

I have decreased the required click rate for a double-click in system settings as a workaround, but it makes me wonder: is this a problem with the way eclipse and the mac os x interact? Or is it a bug in eclipse?
Re: Two clicks on two different tabs interpretted as double-click [message #827241 is a reply to message #823872] Fri, 23 March 2012 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben S is currently offline Ben SFriend
No one else has noticed this? Or has this been fixed in later OS/eclipse?
Re: Two clicks on two different tabs interpretted as double-click [message #827782 is a reply to message #827241] Fri, 23 March 2012 19:47 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
A couple of reasons.
1. The majority of people on the forum aren't quite as nimble as you and would have a hard time clicking on two different tabs within one second.

2. JDT isn't really the right form for your question. It seems to be more relevant to the SWT forum.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Helios SR2 Stops Progressing While Renaming a Java Class with F2
Next Topic:Rebuilding CheckStyle PlugIn from source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:54:29 GMT 2024