Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Can I use gnumake (similar to ANT) scripts to compile sources?
Can I use gnumake (similar to ANT) scripts to compile sources? [message #823016] Sat, 17 March 2012 16:51 Go to next message
Ben StoverFriend
We are planning to migrate an existing project to Eclipse.

In order not to have to rewrite all existing gnumake scripts we prefer to use them inside Eclipse (as context menus similar to ant/maven).

Is this possible?

Is an additional plugin required?

Ben
Re: Can I use gnumake (similar to ANT) scripts to compile sources? [message #825864 is a reply to message #823016] Wed, 21 March 2012 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
What do you mean by "gnumake scripts"? Makefiles?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Can I use gnumake (similar to ANT) scripts to compile sources? [message #830472 is a reply to message #825864] Tue, 27 March 2012 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Wiles is currently offline Andrew WilesFriend
i just wonder if external makefile is invoked to comile the source files,how does CDT parse the compilation result(probably errors), and then refresh the code editor with errors line highlighted.
thanks
Re: Can I use gnumake (similar to ANT) scripts to compile sources? [message #832666 is a reply to message #830472] Fri, 30 March 2012 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben StoverFriend
Ok, by what are gnumake scripts/makefiles replaced in CDT?

I want to migrate an old makefile/cmdline based c++ project to Eclipse.

Is there a converter which helps me to integrate such a legacy project into Eclipse?

Ben
Re: Can I use gnumake (similar to ANT) scripts to compile sources? [message #832748 is a reply to message #832666] Fri, 30 March 2012 14:38 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
The Project Wizard (New->Other..) lets you choose "C/C++: Makefile project from existing code". Eclipse will then use your existing makefile to build the project (to be precise: Eclipse will call "make all" in the project's root folder).

If you want to use a managed project i.e. all build options are set inside Eclipse then you must convert your Makefile manually.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Inspect unicode variable in CDT
Next Topic:Search results window always on top
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:50:17 GMT 2024