Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » P2 tries to update to an older version => FAILS(When tryingto do an auto-update via P2, P2 tries to update my app to an older version ??? I'm puzzled!)
icon5.gif  P2 tries to update to an older version => FAILS [message #822446] Fri, 16 March 2012 16:31 Go to next message
Matthieu Rethers is currently offline Matthieu RethersFriend
Current version of the product is 2.0.3, and repository has versions 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.0.3. P2 is apparently attempting to "upgrade" my current 2.0.3 to 2.0.2 (???) according to the following error status. Notice the lines Software being installed: mycorp Tool 2.0.2 (com.mycorp.tool.product 2.0.2), Software currently installed: mycorp Tool 2.0.3 (com.mycorp.tool.product 2.0.3).

I've been trying to setup a trivial product auto-update for weeks but it seems more and more like an impossible task... Please advise.

Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=1 Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency. null children=[Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=0 Software being installed: mycorp Tool 2.0.2 (com.mycorp.tool.product 2.0.2) null Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=0 Software currently installed: mycorp Tool 2.0.3 (com.mycorp.tool.product 2.0.3) null Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=1 Only one of the following can be installed at once:  null children=[Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=0 com.mycorp.tool.product_root.win32.win32.x86_64 2.0.3 null Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=0 com.mycorp.tool.product_root.win32.win32.x86_64 2.0.2 null] Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=1 Cannot satisfy dependency: null children=[Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=0 From: mycorp Tool 2.0.2 (com.mycorp.tool.product 2.0.2) null Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=0 To: com.mycorp.tool.product_root.win32.win32.x86_64 [2.0.2] null] Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=1 Cannot satisfy dependency: null children=[Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=0 From: mycorp Tool 2.0.3 (com.mycorp.tool.product 2.0.3) null Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director code=0 To: com.mycorp.tool.product_root.win32.win32.x86_64 [2.0.3] null]]
Re: P2 tries to update to an older version => FAILS [message #824545 is a reply to message #822446] Mon, 19 March 2012 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
You're hitting an installation conflict from p2. I've put togther an explanation and some pointers to resolving the conflict at:

wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/FAQ#Why_am_I_getting_dependency_satisfaction_errors_when_I_update_my_feature.3F

Give it a look and feel free to ask any further questions.
Re: P2 tries to update to an older version => FAILS [message #826384 is a reply to message #824545] Thu, 22 March 2012 01:56 Go to previous message
Matthieu Rethers is currently offline Matthieu RethersFriend
Thanks for the article. I understand there is a conflict but what I don't understand is why this is happening.

- why would p2 want to "downgrade" to an earlier version of the product?
- why won't p2 detect that I already have the latest version?
- why does it work just fine if I remove 2.0.2 from the update site?

I should have mentionned that this is an automatic update check on startup based on the example in the RCP wiki. In this case, I would expect p2 to just tell me that there is nothing to update.

This product is based on feature and I changed the version number of my product plugin and feature to 2.0.3 before rebuilding. Checked export metadata when building. Updated the repo with the files. This is as straight forward as it gets but I'm probably missing something here. So frustrating, I chose eclipse especially for P2 but now it's dragging my project down.

Sincerely
Previous Topic:Export wizard missing bundle
Next Topic:LIBDBUSMENU-GTK-CRITICAL on exiting RCP application under Ubuntu 11.10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:17:07 GMT 2024