|Questions regarding use the __document report parameter and the viewer frameset option? [message #822376]
||Fri, 16 March 2012 14:29
| Mike Wulkan
Registered: July 2009
I have a header in my report that contains links to many sub-reports.|
I would like to capture the rptdocument name when each report is rendered and save it in a session variable such that the links can be altered dynamically to use the rptdocument name if it exists to avoid the overhead of re-rendering previously rendered reports when the user wants to flip between the various sub-reports.
I have hit two obstacles so far:
1) When I put the following code in the beforeFactory of my report:
myAttributeBean = reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getAttribute('attributeBean');
reportDoc = myAttributeBean.getReportDocumentName( );
reportDoc is always null
2) If I put the same code in a dynamic text element within the report, then reportDoc is null if I run the report using the run servlet because it doesn't create the rptDocument file; so I have to use the frameset servlet. However I don't want the "features" of the frameset. So I set the following parameters:
Which almost gives me back the look that I want, except that it still insists on carving my report into pages. I want one long html web page like I get with the run servlet but I can't seem to find and option to turn off the paging?
So to summarize the questions:
1) Why can't I put the script in the beforeFactory method?
2) How do I turn off paging in the frameset viewer?
3) Is there a better way to achieve what I am attempting to do?
[Updated on: Fri, 16 March 2012 18:02]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01897 seconds