Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Riena » Problem with the authentication example
icon5.gif  Problem with the authentication example [message #822154] Fri, 16 March 2012 08:27 Go to next message
Uwe San is currently offline Uwe SanFriend
Hi guys,

on my journey through Riena I tried out the login procedure using the SWT Example Application Product and the Riena Sample App Server. After typing in "john/john" into the login window, I got a login exception ("Failed to login") which is in SecureContext#login(). The message of this exception was "AuthenticationService login failed".

I searched the forum for related topics and found this:

eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/7583/23154/#msg_23154

But I did not solve my problem. And I could not find any authentication service implementation in the org.eclipse.riena.sample.app.server plugin.

Am I missing anthing?

Uwe
Re: Problem with the authentication example [message #825178 is a reply to message #822154] Tue, 20 March 2012 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Uwe,

The problem may be that your server ("Riena Sample App Server") does not find the JAAS configuration file. Check the VM argument in the launch configuration:

It assumes that the projects are located in your workspace, which is not necessary the case, especially with GIT.
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=${workspace_loc}\org.eclipse.riena.security.simpleservices\config\sample_jaas.config

Try this argument instead:
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=${project_loc:org.eclipse.riena.security.simpleservices}\config\sample_jaas.config

Cheers
Jordan
Re: Problem with the authentication example [message #825746 is a reply to message #825178] Wed, 21 March 2012 07:54 Go to previous message
Uwe San is currently offline Uwe SanFriend
Hi Jordan,

thanks for this hint. You were correct in that the config file could not be found. After importing the org.eclipse.riena.security.simpleservices plug-in into my workspace, everything works fine. Smile

Uwe
Previous Topic:Riena 4.0.0.M6 is out
Next Topic:Riena 4.0.0.RC1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:06:20 GMT 2024