Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Localization in fragment not working...bug?
Localization in fragment not working...bug? [message #820609] Wed, 14 March 2012 10:37 Go to next message
Laura V is currently offline Laura VFriend
Messages: 32
Registered: March 2012
Member
We have an E4 M4 application with a plugin with a OSGI-INF/l10n/bundle.properties.
This is working.
Then we defined a plugin dependent from this one with a model fragment inside.
In this one we also have a OSGI-INF/l10n/bundle.properties.
But all the labels defined inside that file are not translated in the application.
The funny thing is, when we open the fragment in the model editor, the label gets correctly processed there (see screenshot)
Looks like a bug, is it?
Re: Localization in fragment not working...bug? [message #820622 is a reply to message #820609] Wed, 14 March 2012 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 5470
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

Yes - if this is not working it would mean that there's a bug in the
ModelAssembler which should update the contributorURI appropriately
while merging in new model elements.

Can you launch the Live Model-Editor and inspect the value set for
contributorURI while running - you should be able to see it in the
serialized XMI?

The URI should be something like platform:/plugin/....

Tom

Am 14.03.12 11:37, schrieb Laura V:
> We have an E4 M4 application with a plugin with a OSGI-INF/l10n/bundle.properties.
> This is working.
> Then we defined a plugin dependent from this one with a model fragment inside.
> In this one we also have a OSGI-INF/l10n/bundle.properties.
> But all the labels defined inside that file are not translated in the application.
> The funny thing is, when we open the fragment in the model editor, the label gets correctly processed there (see screenshot)
> Looks like a bug, is it?
Re: Localization in fragment not working...bug? [message #820632 is a reply to message #820622] Wed, 14 March 2012 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laura V is currently offline Laura VFriend
Messages: 32
Registered: March 2012
Member
Hi Tom
thanks for the answer, I did what you suggested with the live editor.
The Menu element with ID "mainmenu.showwindows" is in the father plugin (application.rcp) and has the right contribution URI
The HandledMenuItem element with the id "mainmenu.showwindows.anschluesse" is in the fragment, and I see no contribution URI there:


<children xsi:type="menu:Menu" xmi:id="_HP3NAGOuEeGQTYWEOT6MuA" elementId="mainmenu.showwindows" contributorURI="platform:/plugin/ch.sbb.kihub.application.rcp" label="%mainmenu.showwindows.label">
<children xsi:type="menu:HandledMenuItem" xmi:id="_VG258Gj8EeGpkeMRc3nrfg" elementId="mainmenu.showwindows.anschluesse" label="%mainmenu.anschluesse.label" tooltip="" command="_FdgKMGkiEeGqltlojNHlng"/>
</children>
Re: Localization in fragment not working...bug? [message #820656 is a reply to message #820632] Wed, 14 March 2012 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 5470
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
That looks wrong - can you file a bug please and cc me on there. I'll
try to take a look why this happens.

Tom

Am 14.03.12 12:16, schrieb Laura V:
> Hi Tom
> thanks for the answer, I did what you suggested with the live editor.
> The Menu element with ID "mainmenu.showwindows" is in the father plugin
> (application.rcp) and has the right contribution URI
> The HandledMenuItem element with the id
> "mainmenu.showwindows.anschluesse" is in the fragment, and I see no
> contribution URI there:
>
>
> <children xsi:type="menu:Menu" xmi:id="_HP3NAGOuEeGQTYWEOT6MuA"
> elementId="mainmenu.showwindows"
> contributorURI="platform:/plugin/ch.sbb.kihub.application.rcp"
> label="%mainmenu.showwindows.label">
> <children xsi:type="menu:HandledMenuItem"
> xmi:id="_VG258Gj8EeGpkeMRc3nrfg"
> elementId="mainmenu.showwindows.anschluesse"
> label="%mainmenu.anschluesse.label" tooltip=""
> command="_FdgKMGkiEeGqltlojNHlng"/>
> </children>
Re: Localization in fragment not working...bug? [message #820704 is a reply to message #820656] Wed, 14 March 2012 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 5470
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=374227

Tom

Am 14.03.12 12:48, schrieb Tom Schindl:
> That looks wrong - can you file a bug please and cc me on there. I'll
> try to take a look why this happens.
>
> Tom
>
> Am 14.03.12 12:16, schrieb Laura V:
>> Hi Tom
>> thanks for the answer, I did what you suggested with the live editor.
>> The Menu element with ID "mainmenu.showwindows" is in the father plugin
>> (application.rcp) and has the right contribution URI
>> The HandledMenuItem element with the id
>> "mainmenu.showwindows.anschluesse" is in the fragment, and I see no
>> contribution URI there:
>>
>>
>> <children xsi:type="menu:Menu" xmi:id="_HP3NAGOuEeGQTYWEOT6MuA"
>> elementId="mainmenu.showwindows"
>> contributorURI="platform:/plugin/ch.sbb.kihub.application.rcp"
>> label="%mainmenu.showwindows.label">
>> <children xsi:type="menu:HandledMenuItem"
>> xmi:id="_VG258Gj8EeGpkeMRc3nrfg"
>> elementId="mainmenu.showwindows.anschluesse"
>> label="%mainmenu.anschluesse.label" tooltip=""
>> command="_FdgKMGkiEeGqltlojNHlng"/>
>> </children>
>
Re: Localization in fragment not working...bug? [message #820735 is a reply to message #820704] Wed, 14 March 2012 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 5470
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
fixed is master - so it will be available in M6 - Thanks for spotting
and tracking down

Tom

Am 14.03.12 14:14, schrieb Tom Schindl:
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=374227
>
> Tom
>
> Am 14.03.12 12:48, schrieb Tom Schindl:
>> That looks wrong - can you file a bug please and cc me on there. I'll
>> try to take a look why this happens.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> Am 14.03.12 12:16, schrieb Laura V:
>>> Hi Tom
>>> thanks for the answer, I did what you suggested with the live editor.
>>> The Menu element with ID "mainmenu.showwindows" is in the father plugin
>>> (application.rcp) and has the right contribution URI
>>> The HandledMenuItem element with the id
>>> "mainmenu.showwindows.anschluesse" is in the fragment, and I see no
>>> contribution URI there:
>>>
>>>
>>> <children xsi:type="menu:Menu" xmi:id="_HP3NAGOuEeGQTYWEOT6MuA"
>>> elementId="mainmenu.showwindows"
>>> contributorURI="platform:/plugin/ch.sbb.kihub.application.rcp"
>>> label="%mainmenu.showwindows.label">
>>> <children xsi:type="menu:HandledMenuItem"
>>> xmi:id="_VG258Gj8EeGpkeMRc3nrfg"
>>> elementId="mainmenu.showwindows.anschluesse"
>>> label="%mainmenu.anschluesse.label" tooltip=""
>>> command="_FdgKMGkiEeGqltlojNHlng"/>
>>> </children>
>>
>
icon14.gif  Re: Localization in fragment not working...bug? [message #820795 is a reply to message #820735] Wed, 14 March 2012 15:15 Go to previous message
Laura V is currently offline Laura VFriend
Messages: 32
Registered: March 2012
Member
Now that was quick. I come back from a meeting and there is a bug and a fix.
Wow Smile Smile Smile
Previous Topic:Set Shell Properties From a Composite Node in XWT
Next Topic:Can ESelectionService propagate selection to 3.x legacy views?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Nov 28 23:08:03 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02756 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software