Theresa Ramsey Messages: 62 Registered: July 2009 Location: research triangle park, n...
We've made a few changes to the Dojo support in .8:
- Update the Dojo projects to version .8 (was .7) which uses Dojo toolkit version 1.7.1 (was 1.6.1).
- By default, the Dojo remote project ("0.8.0 (Dojo 1.7.1 Remote) is used instead of the local Dojo project. When you create a new EGL Web 2.0 project, the org.eclipse.edt.rui.dojo.remote_0.8.0 project will be brought into your workspace. You need to be connected to the internet to use the remote Dojo toolkit.
- You no longer need a Google API key to use the remote Dojo hosted by Google.
- We've updated the readme for the remote project.
- You can still use the local Dojo toolkit, say for when you are not connected to the internet. Select "0.8.0 (Dojo 1.7.1)" under the Version column in the Library settings of your Web 2.0 project.
All of these changes should be in the M3 build (some are in earlier nightly builds too).
I have just completed the update for M3 of EDT. It broke the dedicatedService references which I have resolved via Wiki documentation.
It also broke org.eclipse.edt.rui.dojo_0.7.0 and org.eclipse.edt.rui.widgets_0.7.0 with a plethora of errors leading me here. Regarding the above instructions, i.e. "Update the Dojo projects to version .8 (was .7) which uses Dojo toolkit version 1.7.1 (was 1.6.1). ", just how does one go about doing this for my existing project?
You can get the new widget projects into your workspace by creating a new EGL project (which you can then delete). Then for your existing projects right-click them > Properties > EGL Build Path > change which projects are on the path. Once you've moved all your projects over to using the newer widget projects you can delete the old widget projects from your workspace (this is optional, to reduce clutter).