Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Clean/Build Issues(Looking for Suggestions)
Clean/Build Issues [message #820067] Tue, 13 March 2012 17:25
Thomas Mancini is currently offline Thomas ManciniFriend
Hello everyone,

We recently started using Eclipse to develop our java application and have been running into some issues. It should be known that we do not use any version tracker, or build software which probably is not best practice, although I was hoping to find an alternative solution to our problem. We have up to 4-5 developers who could be editing a file in any one of 10+ projects at a time. Throughout our work days, we constantly run into Eclipse wanting to perform a full Clean/Build of the project as certain files are edited. We were previously developing using TextPad and compiling at the command line, and would ideally like to use Eclipse in a similar fashion to make coding easier. Is there anyway to setup Eclipse to do what we're trying to do, or will we need to start using some kind of version tracker?

We have the Build Automatically feature unchecked, but do have the Build before Launch option selected. It just seems like there are times that one of us makes the simplest change to a class that then triggers a full Clean/Build of the project instead of just building that particular class. I recently suggested that everyone should keep all projects closed unless they are currently working on one. I also mentioned we should close the projects at the end of the day, and then reopen them as needed the following day because almost everyone's first Run of the day triggers a full Clean/Build. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 March 2012 17:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:new request to create folders recursively when folder name is specified with the file separator
Next Topic:Looking for hook to run in main UI thread after init is complete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:41:38 GMT 2024