Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » "if" construct
"if" construct [message #818969] Mon, 12 March 2012 10:27 Go to next message
Stefan Mertins is currently offline Stefan MertinsFriend
Hello,

I started to work with Jubula recently. I have to test a eclipse rcp application with Jubula.
My problem occurs, when I try to test a dialog with some checkboxes. I want to check the checkboxes via a boolean variable I store in a data set for my test case. But to do so I need a way to check the values of the variable and execute the test step according to it.
(Data Set: CHECKBOX_1 = true; CHECKBOX_2 = true; CHECKBOX_3 = true;
-> result all 3 checkboxes are selected)

I searched the documentation of Jubula and found a faq, which mentions a "if" construct in Jubula:

www.eclipse.org/jubula/faq.php
Test Specification Questions > Can I specify loop constructs?
Quote:
With GUIdancer or Jubula, it easy to construct cases such as:

"Wait until the text Loaded appears in the status bar"
"If the checkbox isn't selected, then select it"
"If this action isn't successful the first time, take some (or no) action and try again." The number of tries can be configured.
"If this action isn't successful, then execute some other action(s)." The action(s) executed after the error can be any actions - for example taking a screenshot or restarting the application.

To me it seems like the second construct is almost what I need to realize my test, but I have no clue how to use it in Jubula and I found no hints about it aswell.

The only alternative I see, is to define 6 test cases for a dialog with 3 checkboxes to test all possible combinations.

So my question is: Can I realize a "if" construct to reach my goal or is it not possible and I have to stick with my second approach?
Re: "if" construct [message #818982 is a reply to message #818969] Mon, 12 March 2012 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The feature you're looking for is "retry" event handlers. That should help you to achieve the goal you want.

HTH,
Alex
Re: "if" construct [message #819087 is a reply to message #818982] Mon, 12 March 2012 13:25 Go to previous message
Stefan Mertins is currently offline Stefan MertinsFriend
Hello,

I got it to work now Smile.
It's easy if you know how to do it. I used a "Check Selection" check on the CheckBox with a value from the data set and a "Check Failed" retry event handler, that just clicks on the checkBox.
Thanks for the quick answer.

Stefan
Previous Topic:Preparing config.ini
Next Topic:ALT Click
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:46:41 GMT 2024