Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » new request to create folders recursively when folder name is specified with the file separator
new request to create folders recursively when folder name is specified with the file separator [message #817837] Sat, 10 March 2012 18:53 Go to next message
vignesh prabhu is currently offline vignesh prabhuFriend
I have to create lot of recursive folders in eclipse that gets added to my java package. These folders contain my configuration files for my testing package. I cant copy/paste as these contain .svn files which when copy/pasted screw up the revisioning system. So I was thinking can we add a new feature to the folder creation where if the file name contains file separator, it recreates the folder recursively.
Please tell me what you think of it and also if this is a good request, where can I submit it as a new request to eclipse.
Re: new request to create folders recursively when folder name is specified with the file separator [message #818786 is a reply to message #817837] Mon, 12 March 2012 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Did you look at File->Import ...->FileSystem?
Re: new request to create folders recursively when folder name is specified with the file separator [message #818790 is a reply to message #818786] Mon, 12 March 2012 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vignesh prabhu is currently offline vignesh prabhuFriend
Thanks for your reply. But how will import help me? What I am looking for is an easy way to create folders recursively.
Re: new request to create folders recursively when folder name is specified with the file separator [message #818800 is a reply to message #818790] Mon, 12 March 2012 05:54 Go to previous message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
I thought you wanted to copy/paste. Anyway you can create a package like a.b.c. You could also create a folder like a\b\c.
Previous Topic:Automatic formatting tool
Next Topic:Clean/Build Issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:33:49 GMT 2024