Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » AUT launches, unable to observe or collect technical names
AUT launches, unable to observe or collect technical names [message #817033] Fri, 09 March 2012 14:59 Go to next message
Robert Barnard is currently offline Robert BarnardFriend
As I am new to Jubula, this posting is as much informational as it is a query for help.

I am experiencing two different behaviors between the Jubula ITE and "Eclipse for Testers IDE", using the same project (which was written in the ITE), with our product as the AUT.

The Jubula ITE is able to create test specifications and start a AUT, but was not able to collect technical names ("green frame" no where to be seen) or record actions in the Observation view. The AUT did have the RC-RCP plugin installed, including a listing in the "configuration/config.ini" (and no phantom/unseen blank spaces existed in the file).

The "Eclipse for Testers IDE" is able to bring up the same test project, launch the same AUT and the green frame displays upon entering Object Mapping mode and hovering over parts of the AUT. It also records actions in Observer. It has not collected any technical names in the "Unassigned technical names" view as I would expect.

My first thought was that I had applied the wrong version of the plugin to the AUT (ie if there were a difference between the RC-RCP plug in from the ITE vs IDE). But there doesn't appear to be a difference since the plugin I applied is from the ITE and seems to be working with the Eclipse for Testers IDE.

So baring a mix-up with the plugin(s), it seems the Jubula ITE (from my experience) is somewhat broken or, at least, operates differently than the test mode of "Eclipse for Testers" IDE. I am not concerned about using one tool versus the other as long as I can create and run tests.

However, I have yet to accomplish mapping of component to technical names on the test, then run it. This is my focus for today.

As always, any observations, comments, questions, and/or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you
Re: AUT launches, unable to observe or collect technical names [message #817038 is a reply to message #817033] Fri, 09 March 2012 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Is the AUT shown in the running AUTs view when you launch it via Jubula standalone?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: AUT launches, unable to observe or collect technical names [message #817258 is a reply to message #817038] Fri, 09 March 2012 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your speedy reply. Problem solved.

The cause of "the problem" is I had missed a crucial step in how to collect technical names (via "ctl-shift-q").

I haven't stepped back to try the Jubula ITE, so I have no resolution or information regarding why the ITE treats the same project differently than the Eclipse IDE.

Re: AUT launches, unable to observe or collect technical names [message #827789 is a reply to message #817258] Fri, 23 March 2012 20:03 Go to previous message
Since this post I've started up the Jubula ITE and it seems to be working as it should (green frame appears as expected).
Previous Topic:Sharing a Test database between teams far apart
Next Topic:autagent blocking scripted execution by leaving console stream open
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:58:48 GMT 2024