Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How to provide a Library from plugin to workspace?
icon5.gif  How to provide a Library from plugin to workspace? [message #815182] Wed, 07 March 2012 10:24 Go to next message
Cedric Reichenbach is currently offline Cedric ReichenbachFriend
Hi everyone

I've been trying and searching for a while now, but I couldn't figure it out:
How does one provide code(i.e. a library) from a plugin into the workspace of developers using this plugin?

I basically want to provide a static method, so I guess it would work similarly to JUnit/Hamcrest providing static comparing methods.
Anyway, I already looked at JUnit's source code, but I'm fairly new to Eclipse plugin development, so I couldn't figure it out... Sad

Can someone tell me how to manage this?

Cheers
Re: How to provide a Library from plugin to workspace? [message #816417 is a reply to message #815182] Thu, 08 March 2012 20:54 Go to previous message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
You mean you have a library with some static code that you would like to make accessible in the workbench of a developer?
If that is what you need, I would try the following:

1. Create a plugin
    2. Create a lib folder in the plugin
    3. Place your lib there
    4. Open the manifest.mf
    5. Go to the runtime tab of the PDE
    6. Add your jar to the classpath section
    7. Add the packages of the jar which you want to make available to the exported packages section
    8. Export your plugin into a deployable plugin
    9. Add the plugin to your (the developers) target plattform (e.g. via dropins)
    10. If you now make some other plugin dependend of your new superduper wrapperplugin, you should be able to access the library classes which were exported.

Previous Topic:Eclipse product with multiple versions of a bundle?
Next Topic:How to add a 'new project' wizard that extends 'new java project'?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:34:59 GMT 2024