Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Create a custom figure (drop down, check box) instead of using the connection/link labels(How to create a custom figure (i.e. drop down, checkbox) in the connection link between figures.)
Create a custom figure (drop down, check box) instead of using the connection/link labels [message #814831] Tue, 06 March 2012 23:32 Go to next message
Che Bumagat is currently offline Che BumagatFriend
Hello GMF Experts!

Is it possible in GMF to use a custom figure (i.e. dropdown or checkbox options) instead of using the Link feature label?

Example:

In my editor, Figure A connects to Figure B via a Link object.

Instead of using the LinkLabel (ie. Feature Label Mapping), is it possible to display a custom figure like a checkbox in the middle of the line connection and have the user choose the options inside the checkbox and select for example the type of relationship between Fig A and B?

If so, appreciate if someone can give me site/references.

As always, thanks for the help! Smile
Re: Create a custom figure (drop down, check box) instead of using the connection/link labels [message #814884 is a reply to message #814831] Wed, 07 March 2012 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

Did you take a look to these entries already: http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Documentation_Index#Custom_Figures ?

Regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: Create a custom figure (drop down, check box) instead of using the connection/link labels [message #815431 is a reply to message #814884] Wed, 07 March 2012 16:53 Go to previous message
Che Bumagat is currently offline Che BumagatFriend
Hi,

Yes, I looked at those. I also did some digging and found this link.

code.google.com/p/gmftools/wiki/ComboBoxLabels

This is a lot similar to what I want to achieve in my editor. But the link doesn't have any code samples on how to do this.
I'm new to GMF so please bear with me.

If you happen to have any other references please let me know.

Thanks for the response.
Previous Topic:Saving / Loading models to /from the DB
Next Topic:interdict the output of a file from its folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:14:35 GMT 2024