Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Pre-execute commands in Osgi console(Pre-execute commands in Osgi console)
Pre-execute commands in Osgi console [message #813715] Mon, 05 March 2012 16:29 Go to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
Dear all,

I've edited the config.ini file (within a configuration folder) that automatically set up the osgi environment once the osgi console is launched. In this file, I start the bundles that I want to be preloaded in my osgi environment.

Now, I would also want to pre-execute some osgi commands before the user can start playing with the console. I was wondering if it's possible to do so in the config.ini file (I haven't found how to do it), or if it's possible to create any batch file that can execute commands in the osgi console.

Any clue on how to do this?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Kind regards,

Cristina
Re: Pre-execute commands in Osgi console [message #813739 is a reply to message #813715] Mon, 05 March 2012 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lazar Kirchev is currently offline Lazar KirchevFriend
Hi Cristina,

Are you using the new, Gogo-based console?

Actually, you cannot configure commands for pre-execution in the config.ini. You could write your own bundle, which executes your commands in its activator, and configure this bundle to start in the config.ini.
The other way to configure commands for execution is in the gosh_profile file in the org.apache.felix.gogo.shell bundle - in case you use the new console.

HTH
Lazar

[Updated on: Mon, 05 March 2012 16:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Pre-execute commands in Osgi console [message #813771 is a reply to message #813739] Mon, 05 March 2012 17:29 Go to previous message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
Hello Lazar,

Thanks for your answer!

I'm using the default eclipse Osgi console, I'm afraid that I don't know the gogo-based console you mention... is available as part of a new Eclipse release?

Then, I think I will new to create a new bundle only to execute the commands I want. I don't like very much this solution, but it seems it's the only I have.

Regards,

Cristina

Previous Topic:ERROR
Next Topic:Component Factories and multiple services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:55:10 GMT 2024