Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Examples » New+CTRL+SPACE in Scrapbook(New+CTRL+SPACE in Scrapbook doesn't show the Template for New Object)
icon5.gif  New+CTRL+SPACE in Scrapbook [message #813485] Mon, 05 March 2012 10:25 Go to next message
Richard Scutter is currently offline Richard ScutterFriend
Hi, I originally posted this in the Newcomers forum, I've had a lot of hits but no response.

Then it occurred to me that there has recently been a new release (Indigo) which I am using, and is a different version to the Eclipse being used in the Tutorial.
In case this is a new problem which has crept into the product (or, more likely I've missed some setting in the new product), I'm posting this here in case someone knows the answer Smile ...

While following the 16 part tutorial "Eclipse and Java for Total Beginners" (Which is Very Good) we got to the part about ArrayList, I typed the following in the Scrapbook:
New (followed by CTRL+SPACE) which did nothing.
When I use this inside a Class it works fine, and should allow me to select the Template for New Object.

Do I need to change an Options setting? Or is this a problem?

Regards,
Richard.
icon10.gif  Re: New+CTRL+SPACE in Scrapbook [message #824637 is a reply to message #813485] Mon, 19 March 2012 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Haigh is currently offline Simon HaighFriend
Hi Richard,

I had exactly the same issue and discovered the following information which resolved the issue:

"Under Window => Preferences => Java => Editor => Templates
find the 'new'entry under name, select it, click 'edit..' and change the context from 'java statements' to 'java', click ok.

Code assist in your scrapbook page should display the entry for new object now."

Unfortunately I can't link the original post as I'm new to the forums but thanks to the original poster.

I hope that helped.

Si
icon10.gif  Re: New+CTRL+SPACE in Scrapbook [message #825106 is a reply to message #824637] Tue, 20 March 2012 13:32 Go to previous message
Richard Scutter is currently offline Richard ScutterFriend
Hello Simon,

Excellent! That resolves the issue.

Thanks a lot.

I Really Like Eclipse, and thought it must be something not set right.

Regards,
Richard
Previous Topic:not able to install new plug-in in Eclipse
Next Topic:How to compile source WS-CDL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:31:38 GMT 2024