Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » eclipse JDT - how to set the background color of the tooltips window in Java editor ?
eclipse JDT - how to set the background color of the tooltips window in Java editor ? [message #809496] Tue, 28 February 2012 23:53 Go to next message
Lawrence Tsang is currently offline Lawrence TsangFriend
Hi,

I am using Eclipse 3.5.2 JDT. When I am editing Java source files and placing the cursor over a defined method, the generated tooltip window shows a "black" background color which I want to change. I have tried to change the setting in

Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Editor -> Appearance color options: Source hover background

But it seems that the changed setting does not have any actual effect (the tooltip window's background remains black).

Had I missed something in the setting ? Does anyone know a solution for this problem.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Lawrence
Re: eclipse JDT - how to set the background color of the tooltips window in Java editor ? [message #809656 is a reply to message #809496] Wed, 29 February 2012 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepak Azad is currently offline Deepak AzadFriend
I assume you are using Ubuntu.

Please read
http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ#Black_background_color_for_tooltips_on_Linux.2FUbuntu.2FGTK

--
Deepak Azad
http://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT/FAQ
Re: eclipse JDT - how to set the background color of the tooltips window in Java editor ? [message #809702 is a reply to message #809656] Wed, 29 February 2012 06:32 Go to previous message
Lawrence Tsang is currently offline Lawrence TsangFriend
Thanks.
Previous Topic:How are Quick Fix Proposals ordered in Quick Fix Dialog (or hover)
Next Topic:Java formatter and linebreak/join issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:50:19 GMT 2024