Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Convert from VB.Net Issues(Conversion from VB.Net)
Convert from VB.Net Issues [message #807676] Sun, 26 February 2012 21:49 Go to next message
Mark F is currently offline Mark FFriend
Hi All,

First of all, I have a very limited amount of experience with Java development, although I have a good amount of VB under my belt. So bare with me.

I used the Tangible VB.Net converter on a project I wrote a while back, while the conversion went ok based on what Tangible told me, I have a number of issues within the .java file as you can see.

I created a new project in Eclipse and added the .java code file with the following results, as you can see I have the majority of my problems with the import of System. Do I have to convert these to AWT or is there another solution?

Thanks,

index.php/fa/7306/0/
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 184.06KB, Downloaded 1571 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 26 February 2012 22:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Convert from VB.Net Issues [message #807865 is a reply to message #807676] Mon, 27 February 2012 05:02 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
On 02/26/2012 03:49 PM, Mark F wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> First of all, I have a very limited amount of experience with Java development, although I have a good amount of VB under my belt. So bare with me.
>
> I used the Tangible VB.Net converter on a project I wrote a while back, while the conversion went ok based on what Tangible told me, I have a number of issues within the .java file as you can see.
>
> I created a new project in Eclipse and added the .java code file with the following results, as you can see I have the majority of my problems with the import of System. Do I have to convert these to AWT or is there another solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
>
The "System" packages referenced in your attachment appear to be .NET
specific packages/classes. There is no direct replacement for them in
standard Java. There might be some third party packages that provide
some support for them. You will need to search for your self.

The standard Java GUI toolkit is Swing. You will have to convert the
..NET forms code manually to Swing code. This will require you to learn
Swing.
Previous Topic:Change the path where eclipse looks for plugins
Next Topic:Creating file at Common location in plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:36:50 GMT 2024