Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Extending the ContentOutline(Adding context menu entries for ContentOutline)
Extending the ContentOutline [message #806882] Sat, 25 February 2012 16:58 Go to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing name
Hi,

I try to add an new entry for the context menu that is displayed in the content outline.

I tried it like this:

<menuContribution
            allPopups="false"
            locationURI="popup:org.eclipse.ui.views.ContentOutline?after=additions">
         <command
              //......
         </command>
      </menuContribution>

I am sure that my command is working adding an entry to other context menus worked (e.g. package explorer). But I am not sure why it does not work for the content outline. I assume that the content outline and the context menu depends on the currently opened file in the editor (would make sense).
I tried to extend the menu with this locationUri:
Quote:
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.JavaOutlinePage

but that did not work either.

How can I add a menu entry to the context menu if a java file is edited. There must be an extension point or an id for it (if I use the popup.any locationUri my entry does appear, but then its everywhere...). How do I find correct locationUri for the various contents of the ContentOutline for extension?

Thx for help, this problem is bothering me for some time. I would appreciate any hint.
Re: Extending the ContentOutline [message #807644 is a reply to message #806882] Sun, 26 February 2012 20:42 Go to previous message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing name
no one any ideas?
Previous Topic:Strange error on Mac build
Next Topic:Creating file at Common location in plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 25 08:41:31 GMT 2014