Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Service Component Architecture (SCA) Tools » Differences between SCA models
Differences between SCA models [message #806078] Fri, 24 February 2012 14:24 Go to next message
MinhTu TonThat is currently offline MinhTu TonThatFriend
Hello everyone,
I'm working on the SCA meta-model (namely sca.ecore) extracted from the SCA Tool plugin. In fact, I discoverd that the model created by EMF for this SCA meta-model is syntactically different from the model created by the SCA Tool. I wonder if the SCA meta-model (the one extracted from the SCA Tool plugin) is really implemented in SCA Designer?
Best regards.
Re: Differences between SCA models [message #806087 is a reply to message #806078] Fri, 24 February 2012 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Zurczak is currently offline Vincent ZurczakFriend

Hi,

What do you mean by "is syntactically different"?
The EMF model for SCA is not made up of a single part. There are extensions for platforms, to extend bindings, interfaces and implementations. So, looking at the sca.ecore file exclusively is not enough. You have to look at the other extensions too.

The SCA Designer is based on the core model and the model extensions.
Re: Differences between SCA models [message #806095 is a reply to message #806087] Fri, 24 February 2012 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Vincent,
By "syntactically different", I mean for example, in the model created by EMF, I got
  <component>
    <implementationJava/>
  </component>

whereas in the model of SCA Tool I got
<csa:component>
<csa:implementation.java/>
</csa:component>

I wonder why there are such differences?
Do you mean "extensions" by other meta-model references like addressing.ecore, instance.ecore...? If not, would you mind telling me where to find them and how to integrate them in the SCA meta-model?
Thank you in advance.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 February 2012 14:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Differences between SCA models [message #806096 is a reply to message #806095] Fri, 24 February 2012 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Vincent,
By "syntactically different", I mean for example, in the model created by EMF, I got
  <component>
    <implementationJava/>
  </component>

whereas in the model of SCA Tool I got
<csa:component>
<csa:implementation.java/>
</csa:component>

I wonder why there are such differences?
Do you mean "extensions" by other meta-model references like addressing.ecore, instance.ecore...? If not, would you mind telling me where to find them and how to integrate them in the SCA meta-model?
Thank you in advance.
Re: Differences between SCA models [message #809067 is a reply to message #806096] Tue, 28 February 2012 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you please give me a hint on the extension mechanism? It is possible to construct different syntactic styles for a model basing on the extensions on its meta-model, isn't it?
Best regards.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 February 2012 12:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Differences between SCA models [message #836358 is a reply to message #809067] Wed, 04 April 2012 11:46 Go to previous message
Vincent Zurczak is currently offline Vincent ZurczakFriend

Hi,

Sorry, I completely skipped SCA Tools for some time. And I got no notification from the forum.
Can you tell me how you serialize your EMF model instance? I think you forgot to use the extended metadata in the save options.

saveOptions.put(XMLResource.OPTION_EXTENDED_META_DATA, Boolean.TRUE);

That should work.
In fact, in the ecore model, the XML element's name is defined in an extended metadata. If you do not use it, then the EMF element's name is used (implementationJava here).
Previous Topic:SCA Tools in Eclipse Indigo
Next Topic:Tutorial has to be changed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:56:56 GMT 2024