I've been trying to build both the Greenpages 2.4.0.RELEASE and the 2.5.0 that I found at GitHub. Both fails on an unresolved dependency.
The 'mvn package' executed under the solution directory ends with:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor.maven:1.0.0.M2:transform (bundlor) on project greenpages.parent-solution: Execution bundlor of goal com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor.maven:1.0.0.M2:transform failed: Plugin com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor.maven:1.0.0.M2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved: com.springsource.util:com.springsource.util.osgi:jar:1.5.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT, com.springsource.util:com.springsource.util.io:jar:1.5.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT, com.springsource.util:com.springsource.util.math:jar:1.5.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find com.springsource.util:com.springsource.util.osgi:jar:1.5.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT in http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/release was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of com.springsource.repository.bundles.release has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
I'm not very knowledgeable about Maven -- I'm used to a better build system ;D -- but I think I ran into this one a while back. Maven has a caching system that in my limited experience can be wonky, especially if the contents of bundles has changed. I think completely erasing the contents of my Maven repos got things building again. Naturally you'll have to wait while the internet is downloaded again.. I'll check my logs and see if I find anything else on this.
The original message contained this piece of info:
"Plugin com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor.maven:1.0.0.M2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved"
so I though, perhaps this M2 has been surpassed by something more stable? And sure enough, there's now a 1.0.0.RELEASE. So the first step I took was to change the 'solution/parent/pom.xml' to reflect that and then I tried again. Not quite there yet.
Now the error was different, indicating the the bundlor didn't provide a 'transform' command. Reading the docs, I concluded that the one and only command was now 'bundlor' so I changed 'transform' into 'bundlor' (in the same file) and then I tried again. Are we there yet? Nope!
The entry for maven-surefile-plugin points directly into the .m2/repository and assumes the presence of a 3.0.0.M6 version of the org.springframework.instrument. That assumption is incorrect. The downloaded version is 3.0.5.RELEASE. I fixed that and tried again. More problems. The tests fail on a missing LogFactory and then ends because the target/classes directory is missing.
At this point I gave up and concluded that I lack the knowledge to do productive trial and error in this domain. Someone with more knowledge than I needs to give this sample some love and care. It seems to be in bad need for it.
Chris Frost Messages: 230 Registered: January 2010 Location: Southampton, England
I'd stick with Bundlor 1.0.0.M2 as it is all we have tested with. I'm building a clean unzip of Greenpages 2.4.0.RELEASE and Maven 3.0.3, worked fine until I deleted my Maven cache as well, it took a while downloading it all but failed as you described.