Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Saving / Loading models to /from the DB(Saving / Loading models to/ from the DB)
Saving / Loading models to /from the DB [message #798105] Tue, 14 February 2012 09:02 Go to next message
ganesh ram is currently offline ganesh ramFriend
Hi,

Currently, when we create a new GMF model, a diagram model file and a domain model file is created on my local file system.

Now i want to save this model in a DB, so that anyone could load that model (from the DB), make changes, and persist it back (to the DB).
How can i accomplish this ?
Re: Saving / Loading models to /from the DB [message #798118 is a reply to message #798105] Tue, 14 February 2012 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Muelder is currently offline Andreas MuelderFriend
Hi ganesh,

I think this is exactly what versioning systems like subversion or Git do for you?

Greets,
Andreas
Re: Saving / Loading models to /from the DB [message #798201 is a reply to message #798105] Tue, 14 February 2012 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Golubev is currently offline Michael GolubevFriend
Hello,

You may find it useful: http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDO.

Regards,
Michael
Re: Saving / Loading models to /from the DB [message #799081 is a reply to message #798201] Wed, 15 February 2012 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ganesh ram is currently offline ganesh ramFriend
Hi,

Thanks. After some reading, I think Dawn + CDO, would be able to accomplish this.
What do you think ?

-G
Re: Saving / Loading models to /from the DB [message #814918 is a reply to message #799081] Wed, 07 March 2012 02:14 Go to previous message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

Effectively CDO+Dawn seem sa good idea for me.
Please note that Teneo might be another solution: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Teneo/Hibernate/GMF

I never tried none of them. My preference come to CDO but as I said I never tried none of them.

regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Previous Topic:GMF Resource is not getting Garbage collected
Next Topic:Create a custom figure (drop down, check box) instead of using the connection/link labels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:18:37 GMT 2024