Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Event and notification for stop of extension plugins
Event and notification for stop of extension plugins [message #797505] Mon, 13 February 2012 15:22 Go to next message
Csaba Missing name is currently offline Csaba Missing nameFriend
Hello Guys,

I would like to create a dynamic Eclipse/Equinox application using extension points and extensions: new extension plugins may come and go.

So I would like to be informed about life cycle events of the extensions.

I register an IRegistryChangeListener and an IExtensionChangeListener for the events, but I don't get notified when an extension plugin is stopped.
Relevant event is triggered only (removeExtension(...)) when the extension plugin is uninstalled.

Shall I use a BundleListener for this kind of event or is there any other alternative?

Many thanks,
Csaba
Re: Event and notification for stop of extension plugins [message #798700 is a reply to message #797505] Wed, 15 February 2012 01:14 Go to previous message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
Csaba Mising name wrote on Mon, 13 February 2012 10:22

Shall I use a BundleListener for this kind of event or is there any other alternative?

Bundles don't have to be running to contribute to the registry -- part of its purpose is to avoid starting bundles if it can be avoided. So there's no reason that a bundle can't be stopped and yet still contribute to the registry.

So I think you'll have to use a bundle listener if that's the behaviour you're wanting.

Brian.
Previous Topic:Clear selection in ObjectPluginAction class when part is closed
Next Topic:Can install check dependencies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 20 17:20:18 GMT 2014