|Strange automagic installation of non-matching patch features [message #797406]
||Mon, 13 February 2012 12:57
| Carsten Reckord
Registered: July 2009
We are using the P2 Director app in our headless build to create and
configure our Eclipse product. After updating the build environment that
provides the Director from Eclipse 3.6.2 to 3.7.1, I see some strange
effects in the Director behavior: It automagically installs patch features
from our site, which are completely unrelated to the operation at hand, and
- even more astonishing - for which the prerequisites are violated...
Our feature structure is a bit complicated:
* org.example.patches is a parent feature that we use to bundle patches for
various features. It exists in two versions:
- v1.0.0 for Eclipse 3.6 releases, with <import feature="org.eclipse.rcp"
- v1.0.100 for Eclipse 3.7 releases, with <import feature="org.eclipse.rcp"
* org.example.rcp.patch is a patch feature for the org.eclipse.rcp feature.
It contains a patch for the org.eclipse.core.commands bundle and is only
included in the v1.0.0 version of the parent feature. It patches
After installing org.example.patches into an Eclipse 3.7, I see the expected
- the installed version of org.example.patches is 1.0.100
- All included patch features are installed
- org.example.rcp.patch is not installed
- org.eclipse.core.commands is installed in its original, unpatched version
Now, after installing _anything_ else using Director, and including our site
in the repositories list, the following changes occur:
- the installed version of org.example.patches is still 1.0.100
- suddenly org.example.rcp.patch is installed, even though the installed
version of the org.eclipse.rcp feature does not match the base version in
the patch (it is 3.7.1.r37x_v20110729-9DB5FmNFnFLSFCtLxnRfMqt15A4A)
- org.eclipse.core.commands is replaced by the patched version
Any idea what's going on here and how I can avoid this?
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02259 seconds