Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » IndirectList inserted as parent
IndirectList inserted as parent [message #792455] Tue, 07 February 2012 02:21 Go to next message
Geoff Capper is currently offline Geoff CapperFriend
I'm using EclipseLink on Glassfish 3.1.1

I have an entity relationship in a "DefaultCategory" class, which defines a List, "children" of DefaultCategory, and each has a property, "parent", which is DefaultCategory.

After getting serialisation problems involving ClassCastExceptions on the parent field I logged the structure of my object tree and for some reason the parent property at the top level of these objects, which should be null, is set to "org.eclipse.persistence.indirection.IndirectList" which understandably throws the ClassCastException when sent across the wire.

Can anyone shed any light on this and how I might resolve it? Why is a ClassCastException not thrown in the first place, when these objects are pulled from the DB? Am I doing something wrong somewhere to have this happen?

Thanks,
Geoff
Re: IndirectList inserted as parent [message #793938 is a reply to message #792455] Wed, 08 February 2012 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

Please include your code and the exception stack trace.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: IndirectList inserted as parent [message #794235 is a reply to message #793938] Thu, 09 February 2012 03:34 Go to previous message
Geoff Capper is currently offline Geoff CapperFriend
Attempting to put together a small test case has shown that this isn't related to eclipselink, which is doing the correct thing after all, it's something in the transport.
Previous Topic:JPA Partitioning and Spring
Next Topic:org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:03:44 GMT 2024