Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » missing class after Xtext version upgrade(org.custom.myDslPackage.generator.MyDslGenerator.class missing)
missing class after Xtext version upgrade [message #789637] Fri, 03 February 2012 08:11 Go to next message
Michal S is currently offline Michal SFriend
Hello,
I returned to my older Xtext project (created in Xtext 2.0) and I am getting error in generated file AbstractMyDslRuntimeModule.java -> not existing reference to org.custom.mydsl.generator.MyDsl.class in bindIGenerator() method.
How and where could I instruct Xtext to generate this class?
Thank you in advance,
Michal
Re: missing class after Xtext version upgrade [message #789652 is a reply to message #789637] Fri, 03 February 2012 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi, this class should be created by the Extend Compiler out of the
XYZGenerator.xtend.

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: missing class after Xtext version upgrade [message #789673 is a reply to message #789652] Fri, 03 February 2012 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Christian,
could you explain me, why it does not do this automatically? And how can I force Extend Compiler to do it? I am sure, it was working perfectly automatically with Xtext 2.0... There was no change in the code.
Regards,
Michal
Re: missing class after Xtext version upgrade [message #789676 is a reply to message #789673] Fri, 03 February 2012 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

if you have build automatically on, did not deactivate the Xtend Compiler or have any Classpath Error this will happen out of the box if you do a clean build.
so it is hard to tell what is Wrong in your case.

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: missing class after Xtext version upgrade [message #789687 is a reply to message #789676] Fri, 03 February 2012 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Christian,
I feel stupid, but "Clean" helped. There was probably something left after old build engine.
Thank you,
Michal
Re: missing class after Xtext version upgrade [message #1146512 is a reply to message #789687] Sun, 20 October 2013 07:36 Go to previous message
Hirdesh Agrawal is currently offline Hirdesh AgrawalFriend
Dear All,

I need your favor or suggestion regarding migrate the xtext version from 1.0.1 to 2.3.0 in custom application.

I followed all following process for migrate the xtext version.
1. Delete the old plug-ins and update the latest plug-ins in target platform.
2. Update the Plug-in Dependencies and Import Statements.
3. Introduction of the Qualified Name.
4. Changes in the index and in find references.
5. Rewritten Node Model.
6. AutoEditStrategy.
7. Other Noteworthy API Changes
To consider the above steps, I started the work with Eclipse-4.2, Which has a xtext-2.3.0 dependency. Successfully I completed the all above steps and removed the compilation error.

Problem: After that I start the testing and getting below error Messages:
[XtextLinkingDiagnostic: null:6 Couldn't resolve reference to Material 'MPS_RECUR'.,
XtextLinkingDiagnostic: null:9 Couldn't resolve reference to Cstic 'NUM_OF_ALLOC'.,
XtextLinkingDiagnostic: null:15 Couldn't resolve reference to Cstic 'INSTANCE_NUM'.,
XtextLinkingDiagnostic: null:14 Couldn't resolve reference to Class 'ALLOC'.]
Previous Topic:Issue with scope provider in Xtext 2.4
Next Topic:Infix scoping issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:43:11 GMT 2024