Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » branch.master.rebase true not working sometimes
branch.master.rebase true not working sometimes [message #788220] Wed, 01 February 2012 14:11 Go to next message
Ondrej Medek is currently offline Ondrej MedekFriend
Hi,

on my machine I have a project with config

branch.master.rebase true

When i do pull in EGit, it runs rebase first. Thats's right.

However, my colleague has the same projet with the same config. When he does pull in EGit, no rebase is done. Where may be a problem? We both have same Eclipse version (3.7.1) and EGit (1.2), too.

And one more question, is it possible to do rebase after remote changes has been pulled already?

Thanks

Re: branch.master.rebase true not working sometimes [message #788839 is a reply to message #788220] Thu, 02 February 2012 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Halstrick is currently offline Christian HalstrickFriend
Hi,

- what exactly is happening for youre colleague? A conflict?
- Yes, you can reset your branch to the commit it pointed to before the pull. The Reflog View helps you finding out how your branch looked like before pull. Afterwards you can redo the action you want: merge or rebase.

Ciao
Chris

Ciao
Chris
Re: branch.master.rebase true not working sometimes [message #788930 is a reply to message #788839] Thu, 02 February 2012 11:47 Go to previous message
Ondrej Medek is currently offline Ondrej MedekFriend
Thanks for reply Chris. Nope no conflict. Just no rebase happens. I have "rebase = true" on the mater branch, he has the same settings as well. When I do pull, rebase happens, when the colleague does pull rebase does not happens. (When the colleague does pull with command line git, it does rebase.)

I have not checked the Eclipse error log, though. I cannot do it now, since the colleague is not in the office today. I'll try it later.
Previous Topic:strategy resolve resulted in: Failed
Next Topic:push new local branch to remote repo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:26:05 GMT 2024