Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » Problems with source feature generation/resolution
Problems with source feature generation/resolution [message #788088] Wed, 01 February 2012 05:39 Go to next message
Adolfo Sanchez-Barbudo Herrera is currently offline Adolfo Sanchez-Barbudo Herrera
Messages: 253
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Thommas,

Today, I've received an unexpected failure in our EclipseOCL S-build[1]. The error is the following:

INFO: perform '--properties' '/opt/users/hudsonbuild/workspace/buckminster-mdt-ocl-tools-3.2-master/buildroot/build.properties' '-Dbuckminster.reference.repository=https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/buckminster-mdt-ocl-tools-3.2-master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/MDT-OCL.p2.repository/' 'org.eclipse.ocl.releng.tools.build:eclipse.feature#build'
No component named org.eclipse.ocl.doc.source:eclipse.feature/[3.1.0.v20111215-0955,3.1.0.v20111215-0955] is known to Buckminster

I don't understand why I get this error now. Such a org.eclipse.ocl.doc.source feature is supposed to be generated by buckminster.

There has been any change in buckminster which I'm not aware of ?. This is quite urgent, since I need to have the build in place today for Juno M5.


[1] https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/buckminster-mdt-ocl-tools-3.2-master/137/console
Re: Problems with source feature generation/resolution [message #788297 is a reply to message #788088] Wed, 01 February 2012 11:05 Go to previous message
Adolfo Sanchez-Barbudo Herrera is currently offline Adolfo Sanchez-Barbudo Herrera
Messages: 253
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Thommas,

I've found the problem (documenting for further help). It's only caused by Stable (S) builds, hence no discovered until today.

For S-builds, I'm using our own miletones repository to feed our Tools components with the Core ones.

During this milestone development, doc (and other features) were "restructured", so that they were previously built as OCL Core components, and they are currently built as OCL Tools components. So, In a Tools build, they are supposed to be materialized into the workspace. However, after deeply analyzing the job's console and workspace, I've realized that these features are being materialized into the target platform.

My current rmap is configured so that every OCL feature/plugin from a provided repository (tipically, a repository with Core componentes), is installed in the target platform, and the remaining are supposed to be materialized into the workspace from our GIT repository.

For Nightly and Integration builds, the repository from our Core job is used so just the expected Core components are installed into the target platform, hence, the doc plugin and feature is materialized into the workspace, and no problem with sources features.

For Stable builds, our milestones repository is used. However, it's a composed repository which also composes repositories from previous releases. Unfortunately, this means that non-Core plugins and featres (for example, doc ones) are available (from a repository of a previous milestone) and so installed into the target platform. Obviously this is incorrect and provokesthat they can't be materialized into the workspace and therefore no source feature is generated for them.

To solve this, I think that I definitelly specify in my rmap a locator whose pattern binds to the specific set of features/plugins which are expected for Core components.

Best Regards,
Adolfo.
Previous Topic:Resolution question
Next Topic:Mini-Tutorial: Fetching, archiving and re-using a target platform with Buckminster/Hudson
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Aug 20 18:36:30 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02188 seconds