Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Problem with feature patch
Problem with feature patch [message #787578] Tue, 31 January 2012 13:48
Nikolay Kasyanov is currently offline Nikolay Kasyanov
Messages: 30
Registered: September 2010
Location: Russia
Member
Hi,

I'm trying to use feature patch to replace a plugin with fixed version (I need to mess with this because fix not backported to stable version, so I did it myself).

Feature I wanted to patch: org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore, version=2.7.0.v20110913-1156. This feature includes plugin org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore, version=2.7.0.v20110913-1156

I created feature patch for org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore feature, called it ru.agentlab.emf.codegen.ecore.patch, added modified plugin org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore (with version updated to 2.7.0.v20120131).

Feature patch exported & installed with no errors, but target plugin doesn't updated.

There is not so much documentation about feature patches, I used this manual as reference, but it's for 3.5.

Interestingly, feature patch works ok with target platform definitions.

Here is feature.xml of my patch:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feature
      id="ru.agentlab.emf.codegen.ecore.patch"
      label="EMF Codegen Patch"
      version="1.0.0.qualifier"
      provider-name="AgentLab.ru">

   <description url="http://www.example.com/description">
      [Enter Feature Description here.]
   </description>

   <copyright url="http://www.example.com/copyright">
      [Enter Copyright Description here.]
   </copyright>

   <license url="http://www.example.com/license">
      [Enter License Description here.]
   </license>

   <requires>
      <import feature="org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore" version="2.7.0.v20110913-1156" patch="true"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.core.runtime" version="3.7.0" match="compatible"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.core.resources" version="3.7.0" match="compatible"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.jdt.core" version="3.7.0" match="compatible"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.jdt.launching" version="3.6.0" match="compatible"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.emf.ecore" version="2.7.0" match="compatible"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.emf.codegen" version="2.6.0" match="compatible"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi" version="2.7.0" match="compatible"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.text" version="3.5.0" match="compatible"/>
   </requires>

   <plugin
         id="org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore"
         download-size="0"
         install-size="0"
         version="2.7.0.v20120131"
         unpack="false"/>

</feature>


I'm using Eclipse 3.7.1
Previous Topic:Execute SQL
Next Topic:OSGI Service Problem after update a feature
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 22 09:44:57 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01435 seconds