Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to configure CDT toolchains for MinGW64?
How to configure CDT toolchains for MinGW64? [message #784905] Sat, 28 January 2012 05:48 Go to next message
wj Friend
Environment: W7; Eclipse (Indigo SR1), C++ project

CDT is preconfigured with a set of toolchains that include MinGW. I've downloaded MinGW64 and MSYS to build 64-bit cross platform targets. In 'project' > Properties > C/C++ Build > Tool Chain Editor, one can select a toolchain and set of tools, e.g. MinGW = GCC Assembler ... MinGW C++ Linker.

However, MinGW64 includes names such as
x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++.exe

and not the usual executable names such as
g++

Through the "Select Tools" dialog, one can swap various tools. But I don't see a way to bind the CDT tool names to specific executables (except perhaps indirectly through command names and the PATH environment variable). How do I create a configuration for a new toolchain or modify an existing one so that the mingw64 tools are bound to elements of the toolchain and the correct include directories are used, etc.? Is there a file I might edit? Or what alternatives are there to this approach?
Re: How to configure CDT toolchains for MinGW64? [message #785237 is a reply to message #784905] Sat, 28 January 2012 18:03 Go to previous message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
You could change the configuration under Project > Properties > C/C++Build > Settings, for example you could change "gcc" into "x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++.exe" (the first line in the Tool Settings Dialogue after clicking on GCC C Compiler for example!).

A quick search led me to this blog entry:

http://pinyotae.blogspot.com/2010/05/eclipse-mingw-x64.html

Regards,
Klaus

Previous Topic:namespace name and headers not recognized
Next Topic:CDT + Gtkmm -> no autocomplete for gtkmm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:31:39 GMT 2024