Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Spring dm, eclipselink and weaving hell(Many problem with different weaver)
Spring dm, eclipselink and weaving hell [message #782980] Tue, 24 January 2012 21:30 Go to next message
Charlie Mordant is currently offline Charlie MordantFriend

Hi,

I'm so sorry to importunate you, but I'm really stuck on my project.

I'm trying to make Pax, Spring-dm, Eclipselink & atomikos running together (gemini-web and blueprint are too tied to Virgo for now).
I found an old post on Martin's springweaver to enable weaving on classes.

The problem is that it is only weaving either my configurable equinoxtransactionadapter or my woven model bundle if I refresh it (normally, you'll see an oh yes in the stack when persisting an object).

I join my sample (a simple helloworld).

It is missing some jars because of forum restriction:
* jacocoagent.jar on the root lib folder.
* ant-1.6.5.jar and core-3.1.1.jar (jdt) on orthank-sample\orthank-sample.java\orthank-sample.java.web\orthank-sample.java.web.simple\src\main\webapp\WEB-INF\lib in order to make jsf working.

Web services are broken because of this, so you have to desactivate the ws.client bundle and skiping tests in order to make the example work.
(mvn clean install -Dskip-tests=true and mvn pax:provision to run).

I'll be very happy to have a (or some) OSGI experts discussing on the problem or the architecture (I know it is not wonderfull, but it will be improved in the future), I'm near to have a full jee stack to contribute on many modeling projects (obeo designer, emf), pax, atomikos tx, and maybe jetty or cxf/servicemix, and a good future maven archetype embedding this stack.

Best regards, Charlie
(you can contact me on cmordant1@gmail.com if you're interested or have any question)
Re: Spring dm, eclipselink and weaving hell [message #783182 is a reply to message #782980] Wed, 25 January 2012 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
Hello,

Quote:
(gemini-web and blueprint are too tied to Virgo for now).

Can you please share with us why you think that Gemini Web is tied to Virgo? There are different parties outside that use Gemini Web only.

Thanks
Regards
Violeta
Re: Spring dm, eclipselink and weaving hell [message #783218 is a reply to message #783182] Wed, 25 January 2012 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Violeta,

Quote:
(gemini-web and blueprint are too tied to Virgo for now).

It's just for some little things, but too wierd:
When you want to use gemini web for loading context in your web.xml:
<context-param>
		<param-name>contextClass</param-name>
		<param-value>org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm.ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext
		</param-value>
	</context-param>

You must have, by transitivity, all virgo's core, medic... dependencies.
By the way, you must have to configure your entire project in Virgo style (settings up all Virgo properties files...).

IMO Configuring DM-style web modules and blueprint style jars is not so convenient for end users.

I think that's the same for weaving (I saw OSGICompliantLoadTimeWeaver spec & impl on a Virgo medic bundle).

I'm just waiting for Virgo-decoupling on these sides in order to move spring-dm service resolution to the Gemini ones.
Re: Spring dm, eclipselink and weaving hell [message #783267 is a reply to message #783218] Wed, 25 January 2012 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Hi Charlie

I'm puzzled what led you to think that org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm.ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext had anything to do with Gemini Web. Please could you share a link?

Regards,
Glyn
Re: Spring dm, eclipselink and weaving hell [message #783672 is a reply to message #783267] Thu, 26 January 2012 07:54 Go to previous message

Hi Glyn,

You're right, ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext is definitely not a part of Gemini project, but wouldn't it be?
Loading blueprint context in a Web archive is something wich would be possible without using Virgo, am I wrong?
Previous Topic:Using blueprint in PDE
Next Topic:Gemini JPA + Glassfish = ClassNotFound
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:26:33 GMT 2024