Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Unresolved depencies with external includes
Unresolved depencies with external includes [message #782794] Tue, 24 January 2012 13:18 Go to next message
Diego Barberio is currently offline Diego BarberioFriend
Hi all,

I'm using:

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: Indigo Service Release 1
Build id: 20110916-0149

on RHEL 5.3 32 bits

My workspace has 8 projects 1 is a binary, 5 are shared libraries, 1 is an container with the header files I need and the other is a container with the .so and .a I need.
I've added my include folder in "project properties -> Path and symbols -> includes -> GNU C". However eclipse is unable to resolve the header files in my include folder and that folder doesn't appear in the "Project explorer" view under "Includes".

I've tried setting the include directory as a relative path, as a workspace path and as an absolute path and none of those options worked.

Please, I don't know what else to do. ¿What am i missing?

I'm attaching some screenshots to clarify me scenario.

Thanks
Diego
Re: Unresolved depencies with external includes [message #783207 is a reply to message #782794] Wed, 25 January 2012 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Hm, your setup seems correct. However, I am irritated that the include folder doesn't appear in the "Project explorer" view under "Includes". I just tried locally and it worked (Eclipse 3.7.1 Indigo).
Try to remove the "/" folder from "project properties -> Path and symbols -> includes -> GNU C" and then rebuild the index.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Unresolved depencies with external includes [message #783398 is a reply to message #783207] Wed, 25 January 2012 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
The root folder is causing an exception for me while trying to display the icon in Project Explorer. Maybe that has something to do with your missing folder? For me the folder is still shown though as text but without the icon (on Windows).

Anyway, I fixed NPE with https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=369693. It seems that only Juno builds are affected, are you using those?

Andrew
Re: Unresolved depencies with external includes [message #784611 is a reply to message #782794] Fri, 27 January 2012 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex, Andrew.

Thanks for your prompt response. I'm sorry I couldn't answer before but I had some urgent problems to solve.

I tried Axel's suggestion and didn't worked, the includes are still not resolved and the include path doesn't appear in Project Explorer.

Andrew, i don't know what Juno means I've downloaded file: eclipse-cpp-indigo-SR1-incubation-linux-gtk.tar.gz

Thanks
Diego
Re: Unresolved depencies with external includes [message #784729 is a reply to message #784611] Fri, 27 January 2012 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
Well if you use Indigo that couldn't be it. Perhaps in your setup your active configuration is not the configuration being indexed (and shown in UI views). Check which configuration is specified for indexer in project properties->C/C++ General->Indexer->Build configuration for the indexer.

Andrew
Re: Unresolved depencies with external includes [message #788462 is a reply to message #784729] Wed, 01 February 2012 21:09 Go to previous message
Hi Andrew,

That made it work.

Thanks a lot
Diego
Previous Topic:Linker error with codesourcery
Next Topic:Software's and Steps required for compiling and executing the c programs in eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:31:08 GMT 2024