Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » [GMF] Add property from a predfined list of objects
[GMF] Add property from a predfined list of objects [message #782776] Tue, 24 January 2012 12:34 Go to next message
Markus Knoop is currently offline Markus KnoopFriend
Hello,

first i must admit i'm completly new in developing with EMF and GMF. So if someone have a solution, please explain it step by step.

I have created a simple ecore model with services and transitions to model a process diagram within the GMF editor. Now i want to define a list of object types and valuenames for the services. So i add a compartment to be able to create a dynamic list within a label to edit both (objecttype and valuename) by hand. This works fine but isn't very user-friendly because the user must know the full package- and classnames.

It is possible to change the selection of the objecttype by select a type from a predefined list of all possible objects of the ecore model (and loaded external models) e.g. from a dropdownbox?

Best regards,
Markus
Re: [GMF] Add property from a predfined list of objects [message #783060 is a reply to message #782776] Wed, 25 January 2012 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Golubev is currently offline Michael GolubevFriend
Hello,

Not sure I understand you.

Do you mean that you already have some code that parses the string like "myName : a.b.c.d.mypackage.MyClass" and you want also to support the user-entered strings of just "myName : MyClass" by performing some lookup in the available packages?

Please provide more detailed example if I am wrong.

Regards,
Michael "Borlander" Golubev
at Montages Think Tank, Prague, Czech Republic
Montages AG, Zürich, Switzerland
Re: [GMF] Add property from a predfined list of objects [message #783288 is a reply to message #783060] Wed, 25 January 2012 12:36 Go to previous message
Markus Knoop is currently offline Markus KnoopFriend
I found a solution, thanks for help.

A little description:
We have two ecore models. The first is for a plugin to create a typemodel. The second is for my gmf process editor.

My ecoremodel of the processeditor reference the ecore-model of the plugin and should allow the user to select a type from a typemodel created before. I was able to do this by loading the typemodel as resource in the gmf-editor and by using the expression label with an ocl-command. I could choose inside the list of all types created by the plugin.

Regards,
Markus
Previous Topic:GMF Tooling Visual Editor
Next Topic:Disregard prefix/postfix-setting from genmodel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:40:10 GMT 2024