Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Reporting bug(s) in ProR
Reporting bug(s) in ProR [message #782503] Mon, 23 January 2012 20:49 Go to next message
Kay MuenchFriend
Hi,

after installing pror-0.1.0-snapshot-201201191404-incubation-linux.gtk.x86.zip, I stumbled upon the following misbehaviour:
When you delete the last specification from the table it's no longer possible to enter a new entry by selecting New Child or New Sibling from the context menu.
Maybe a bug in ProR?
Where is the best place to report observations like this?
Here, at this forum?

- Kay
Re: Reporting bug(s) in ProR [message #782524 is a reply to message #782503] Mon, 23 January 2012 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Kay,

> When you delete the last specification from the table it's no longer possible to enter a new entry

There is a workaround: You can still select the parent element in the Outline and use the context menu to create a new child object.

> Maybe a bug in ProR?

Depends on how you look at it Smile It's an inherent property of EMF, where you need a parent object in order to create a child object. But I agree that the current behavior is not very intuitive.

> Where is the best place to report observations like this?

The best place is Bugzilla, as it also allows you to follow the evolution of the issue:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;product=MDT.RMF;list_id=223016

I created a new issue to reflect your request:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=369457

You can subscribe to it to stay informed. I hope that the workaround of using the Outline helps you in the near term.

Best,

- Michael
Re: Reporting bug(s) in ProR [message #782964 is a reply to message #782524] Tue, 24 January 2012 20:45 Go to previous message
Kay MuenchFriend
Hello Michael,

> There is a workaround: You can still select the parent element in the Outline and
> use the context menu to create a new child object.
Ok, I've got it. I have to create a child of my specification, not a child of the SpecObjects...

> Depends on how you look at it
Usability Smile

> I created a new issue to reflect your request:
Thx.

> You can subscribe to it to stay informed.
Thx again, I will do.

> I hope that the workaround of using the Outline helps you in the near term.
I'd like to find out, if ProR is a suitable tool for my Req. Engineering needs.
I'll stay engaged...

- Kay
Previous Topic:Status
Next Topic:EMF book
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:35:39 GMT 2024