Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Paper Tray Selection during report(Paper Tray Selection during report)
Paper Tray Selection during report [message #782441] Mon, 23 January 2012 12:47
Anthony Lewis is currently offline Anthony Lewis
I'm new to BIRT, and I'm immediately running into a complex situation (of course).

I need to print a report that contains standard paper (horse show entry listings), interleaved with labels (back number labels). The application is similar to selecting letterhead for the first page of a report, and printing following pages on non-letterhead paper, but I can't specify page numbers for each form type outside of the report itself.

I can't print as two reports. The interleaved pages are used to automatically collate thousands of individual sets that would be prohibitive to do manually.

The implication was that there would be a paper tray selection associated with a master page, but it looks like there is no visible implementation of that feature.

I've searched the forum, but don't see any "answered" questions related to this issue.

Three options that I can envision:
1. If anyone knows of a way to do this in report setup, that would be ideal.
2. I know the target printer for the main site that needs this. If I embed PCL to select the tray, would that be passed through? How about postscript commands?
3. (Least favorite) - export the stream with "placeholders" for the tray selection, and replace them with the PCL before sending to the printer.

Since this is open source, I guess that it would be possible to add the capability, but that is WAY beyond my skill set.

[edit] OK, since a lot of people have looked at the question, but I have ZERO answers, I guess that the question becomes "How would I go about working with the developers to get such a feature added?"

I noticed that even on the ODF sites, there is considerable discussion about the "right" way to do this. I would be happy to contribute (time or money) to a solution, but I would like it to be part of the standard, not a proprietary patch.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 January 2012 12:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Formating x-Axis with Timeintervalls
Next Topic:Data set in dynamic text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 29 23:10:45 EDT 2014