Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Problem Exporting RCP Product
Problem Exporting RCP Product [message #782160] Mon, 23 January 2012 09:30 Go to next message
Marc Eckart is currently offline Marc Eckart
When I'm trying to export a RCP Application with Eclipse Product export wizard, I get this message: "Processing inclusion from feature org.eclipse.equinox.executable: Unable to find plug-in: org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502. Please check the error log for more details."

I a product and a target definition. I also installed the delta pack and I can find the launcher jar in my eclipse installation.

When I look in the target under tab content. The plugin is there, but the icon is purple/yellow instead of blue yellow like the other plugins. I don't know if this means something.

I googled about this problem, but couldn't find a solution.

I'm using Eclipse Indigo 3.7
Re: Problem Exporting RCP Product [message #783811 is a reply to message #782160] Thu, 26 January 2012 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bernard SARTER is currently offline Bernard SARTER
Hello,

Purple-yellow instead of blue-yellow means that the component is a "fragment" and not a "plugin".

Did-you check the option "The product include native launcher artifacts" that is on the export windows ?

HTH,
Bernard.
Re: Problem Exporting RCP Product [message #783991 is a reply to message #782160] Thu, 26 January 2012 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Eckart is currently offline Marc Eckart
Hello,

Good to know ... I assumed, that the other icon maybe ment, that it was not found or something like this. Ok so this should be no problem...

Yes, I checked the option, then I get the error that it can not find the plugin.

But I could export my application without a native launcher. (Descriped here).

This is just ok, for having a first release for testing. I would prefer to have a native launcher and a customized splash screen instead. I don't know where to look else. Should there be some logs with more detailed information?
When I start the export it is generating the ant scripts and right after that comes the message, that the launcher plugin can not be found...

Best Regards,

Marc

[Updated on: Thu, 26 January 2012 22:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem Exporting RCP Product [message #784444 is a reply to message #783991] Fri, 27 January 2012 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bernard SARTER is currently offline Bernard SARTER
Hello,

1) You may find a usefull log file in the directory [eclispe-root]/configuration.

2) You can also add -console -consoleLog in the eclipse.ini (not sure that this will print out usefull information for your problem)

Did you checked that your product definition is correct ? (sometimes you may need to click several times on "add require plugins"); Did you compared the list of plugins that is in your .product file with the list of plugin that is in your (valid) run configuration ?

Bernard.
Re: Problem Exporting RCP Product [message #935821 is a reply to message #782160] Sun, 07 October 2012 10:55 Go to previous message
Peter Munk is currently offline Peter Munk
Hi,

I had the same problem and was able to solve it:
I am using Eclipse 3.7.2 on Ubuntu 12.04 and it seems that this version is slightly different from the "official" one. The missing plug-in is called org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.dist instead.

To solve this, I downloaded the "official" eclipse 3.7.2 from http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.7.2-201202080800/, extracted the plug-ins org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502 and org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.source_1.2.0.v20110502 into the delta pack installation plug-in directory and reloaded the delta pack in the target definition.

Finally, I was able to create the product including the native launchers for different platforms.

Hope this works for you, too!

Peter
Previous Topic:Set input for a ViewPart
Next Topic:Product won't build with Delta Pack
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 26 08:03:45 GMT 2014