Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Existing Tomcat + OSGI + Spring
Existing Tomcat + OSGI + Spring [message #780702] Thu, 19 January 2012 06:48 Go to next message
Wouter Dijkstra is currently offline Wouter DijkstraFriend
Hello,

our company can't replace our existing tomcat because of complexity in configuring the associated components like firewall, running web services etc. We already successfully implement a web service with the aid of spring beans and servletbridge to run OSGI on our tomcat. But now we want to implement a JSP-based portal using Spring Web MVC. I've done a lot of internet research on this problem, but the answer seems to be always the same: We should use spring dm server or virgo server. Is there any possibility to keep our actual tomcat version with only doing some small server configurations or ideally a few of project modifications and then running an OSGI web application on current tomcat?
Thank you for your kind attention!

Regards
Wouter
Re: Existing Tomcat + OSGI + Spring [message #787808 is a reply to message #780702] Wed, 01 February 2012 01:50 Go to previous message
Hugues Malphettes is currently offline Hugues MalphettesFriend
Hi Wouter,

Sorry for the late response.
Glyn pinged me immediately about it and I let too many days go by.

If I understand correctly, you are limited by the servletbridge and you want something similar but for an full app-server running in equinox.
We were facing a similar situation with cloudfoundry.com: cloudfoundry imposes the servletcontainer and the runtime: tomcat-6.x without OSGi.
But our app runs on equinox+jetty.
We extended the servletbridge to be able to bridge the entire jetty with a connector called "jetty-nested-connector"
This is a fair description of the nested-connector: http://webtide.intalio.com/2011/04/jetty-7-4-new-features/
This maven project will build a basic war file with a complete setup of equinox and jetty-nested.
http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/jetty-osgi/jetty-osgi-servletbridge

I hope this helps,
Hugues
Previous Topic:Error @Autowired Service in Virgo
Next Topic:Virgo & SecurityManager
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:28:01 GMT 2024