Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Add WindowBuilder TabItem at Runtime
Add WindowBuilder TabItem at Runtime [message #780664] Wed, 18 January 2012 22:50 Go to next message
Mark Rowe is currently offline Mark RoweFriend
Excuse my explanation, I am new to Java / SWT. I am attempting to convert a legacy application from Qt.

My application consists of many 'pages'. Each 'page' holds a variety of controls (tables, buttons, checkboxes etc.).

At startup only a welcome page is shown as TabItem1 of a TabFolder, but by clicking on a list at the left of the screen new pages (TabItems) are added.

To help me organise my code, I would like each page (TabItem) to live in its own pair of files - one is created by WindowBuilder, the other contains the business logic for that page.

I am stuck with two problems:

1. How can I separate the WindowBuilder generated code from the business logic? In WindowBuilder when I link an event it just dumps the code in the same class as the code that sets up all the widgets.
2. How can I create just a TabItem in WindowBuilder and add it to the TabFolder (and raise it and remove it) from the TabFolder at runtime?

Thanks for any help!

[Updated on: Wed, 18 January 2012 22:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Add WindowBuilder TabItem at Runtime [message #781080 is a reply to message #780664] Fri, 20 January 2012 12:58 Go to previous message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Please try asking in the WindowBuilder forum --> http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/214/

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Previous Topic:Canvas overlaying Shell
Next Topic:Problems with the tutorial HelloWorldSWT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:55:19 GMT 2024