Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] - Getting started.
[Acceleo] - Getting started. [message #780446] Tue, 17 January 2012 23:35 Go to next message
Renato Perini is currently offline Renato PeriniFriend
I would like to get started with Acceleo, but the documentation I find is outdated or it is too complex for a first starter. I have followed different tutorials but none of them can be considered like a "programming guide" to this language. I have the need to use it with the UML metamodel, in particular I have to write a generator to extract some informations from a class diagram (the relations between classes, eventual attributes and operations, ecc. ecc.) and put those informations in a text file.
Is there some more "noob friendly" documentation I can follow? Even a tutorial on how to use it with classes would be enough (with good explanations)..

Thanks.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 January 2012 23:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Acceleo] - Getting started. [message #780504 is a reply to message #780446] Wed, 18 January 2012 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

Which tutorials or documentation have you followed? I think the Getting Started guide is clear enough for a really basic starter?

What exactly are you missing from this to make the guide "noob friendly" Smile?
Re: [Acceleo] - Getting started. [message #780677 is a reply to message #780504] Wed, 18 January 2012 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Davide Perini is currently offline Davide PeriniFriend
Laurent Goubet wrote on Wed, 18 January 2012 05:55
Hi,

Which tutorials or documentation have you followed? I think the Getting Started guide is clear enough for a really basic starter?

What exactly are you missing from this to make the guide "noob friendly" Smile?

the Getting Started guide on your site is good to setup a working environment but where is the Model2Text example?
The example shown in that guide are really too easy for a real life project.
Where is the guide on how to create a generator for model 2 text?

Thanks.
Re: [Acceleo] - Getting started. [message #780731 is a reply to message #780677] Thu, 19 January 2012 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
A "Getting Started" guide is just that ... it explains how to get started using the project Wink. More advanced tutorials are accessible through the Obeo network. However, your exercise is doable with the getting started alone.

You seem to only need to list class names along with their operations. As the getting started guide covers "how to generate the java class corresponding to an UML class", the only thing you need is how to iterate over all of your model's classes. You should be able to do that much with the explanations of this simple guide.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: [Acceleo] - Getting started. [message #780736 is a reply to message #780731] Thu, 19 January 2012 09:13 Go to previous message
Davide Perini is currently offline Davide PeriniFriend
Laurent Goubet wrote on Thu, 19 January 2012 03:57
A "Getting Started" guide is just that ... it explains how to get started using the project Wink. More advanced tutorials are accessible through . However, your exercise is doable with the getting started alone.

You seem to only need to list class names along with their operations. As the getting started guide covers "how to generate the java class corresponding to an UML class", the only thing you need is how to iterate over all of your model's classes. You should be able to do that much with the explanations of this simple guide.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

Thanks for the answer.
I'm able to get the desired information except the class operations.
How can I write the class operations?
Previous Topic:Print all class names.
Next Topic:[ACCELEO] Compiling multi-plugin project using maven
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:54:51 GMT 2024