Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Agent Controller failing to start on Linux
Agent Controller failing to start on Linux [message #89713] Thu, 07 December 2006 16:13 Go to next message
Ricardo Garcia is currently offline Ricardo Garcia
Messages: 4
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello,

When trying to run the 4.3 release "original" Agent Controller I get the
following error:

$ ./RAStart.sh
Starting Agent Controller
RAServer: error while loading shared libraries: libcbe.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory
RAServer failed to start

The libcbe.so library does not seem to be included with the tptpdc zip file.

I ran SetupConfig.sh as described in the getting_started.html document
and I have all the prerequisites installed. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ricardo
Re: Agent Controller failing to start on Linux [message #89758 is a reply to message #89713] Fri, 08 December 2006 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: rajakididi.hotmail.com

Hi,

The "libcbe.so" is available under the <Agent-Controller-Directory>/lib/
directory for my Agent Controller 4.2 and 4.1 as well. Please, confirm
this on your installation of the agent controller too.

If the file is available under the required location then try to run:
$cd <Agent-Controller-Directory>/lib/
$ldd libcbe.so

See the output of it and confirm that all the required dependencies are
satisfied for it.

I had similar problems while making my TPTP work and I hope my experience
might be of your help.

-Keya
Re: Agent Controller failing to start on Linux [message #89818 is a reply to message #89713] Fri, 08 December 2006 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Randy D. Smith is currently offline Randy D. Smith
Messages: 394
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ricardo Garcia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When trying to run the 4.3 release "original" Agent Controller I get the
> following error:
>
> $ ./RAStart.sh
> Starting Agent Controller
> RAServer: error while loading shared libraries: libcbe.so: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory
> RAServer failed to start
>
> The libcbe.so library does not seem to be included with the tptpdc zip
> file.
>
> I ran SetupConfig.sh as described in the getting_started.html document
> and I have all the prerequisites installed. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Ricardo

I just went to the 4.3.0 "Latest Release - 4.3.0" TPTP Downloads site =>
Getting Started, Agent Controller => Pick a Platform => Linux-IA32
and downloaded the Runtime... is that what you got as well? It shows
libcbe.so in the lib directory, 151619 bytes.

I'd normally say "did you set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH env var?"... but
that's one of the things RAStart.sh does for you.

This is Linux-*IA32* you're working on, right? What distribution?

--
RDS

Randy D. Smith randy (dot) d (dot) smith (at) intel (dot) com
Eclipse TPTP Committer, Platform Proj (data collection/agent controller)
Re: Agent Controller failing to start on Linux [message #89936 is a reply to message #89818] Mon, 11 December 2006 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo Garcia is currently offline Ricardo Garcia
Messages: 4
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello,

> I just went to the 4.3.0 "Latest Release - 4.3.0" TPTP Downloads site =>
> Getting Started, Agent Controller => Pick a Platform => Linux-IA32 and
> downloaded the Runtime... is that what you got as well? It shows
> libcbe.so in the lib directory, 151619 bytes.

Yeah this is the one I got as well. I can see the libcbe.so file when I
"unzip -l" the zip file; however when I actually unzip it into a
directory I get:
....
inflating: eclipseTPTP/lib/libhcjbnd.so
inflating: eclipseTPTP/lib/libpiAgent.so
inflating: eclipseTPTP/lib/libhcthread.so
linking: eclipseTPTP/lib/libxerces-c.so warning: symbolic link
(eclipseTPTP/lib/libxerces-c.so) failed
error: zipfile probably corrupt (segmentation violation)

So it seems that either the zip file I have is corrupted or the creation
of the symbolic link is preventing libcbe.so from being unpacked.

>
> This is Linux-*IA32* you're working on, right? What distribution?
>

Yeah I'm working on FC3.

Thanks for your help,
Ricardo
Re: Agent Controller failing to start on Linux [message #89950 is a reply to message #89936] Mon, 11 December 2006 16:04 Go to previous message
Randy D. Smith is currently offline Randy D. Smith
Messages: 394
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ricardo Garcia wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> I just went to the 4.3.0 "Latest Release - 4.3.0" TPTP Downloads site
>> => Getting Started, Agent Controller => Pick a Platform =>
>> Linux-IA32 and downloaded the Runtime... is that what you got as well?
>> It shows libcbe.so in the lib directory, 151619 bytes.
>
> Yeah this is the one I got as well. I can see the libcbe.so file when I
> "unzip -l" the zip file; however when I actually unzip it into a
> directory I get:
> ...
> inflating: eclipseTPTP/lib/libhcjbnd.so
> inflating: eclipseTPTP/lib/libpiAgent.so
> inflating: eclipseTPTP/lib/libhcthread.so
> linking: eclipseTPTP/lib/libxerces-c.so warning: symbolic link
> (eclipseTPTP/lib/libxerces-c.so) failed
> error: zipfile probably corrupt (segmentation violation)
>
> So it seems that either the zip file I have is corrupted or the creation
> of the symbolic link is preventing libcbe.so from being unpacked.
>
>>
>> This is Linux-*IA32* you're working on, right? What distribution?
>>
>
> Yeah I'm working on FC3.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Ricardo

I'm not sure why FC3 would have a problem unzipping a file that other
Linux distros have no problem with. Unfortunately, I do not have a FC3
system available to me (it's not on our "supported" list...).

Alternatives include unzipping on a different system and moving the
files over, finding a different unzipper, or experimenting with options
to find one that doesn't do symlinks but instead hard links?

Sorry I don't have any other suggestions to make.

--
RDS

Randy D. Smith randy (dot) d (dot) smith (at) intel (dot) com
Eclipse TPTP Committer, Platform Proj (data collection/agent controller)
Previous Topic:Duplicate meta object ID's after code generation
Next Topic:Java 6 Support in the TPTP 4.3 Profilers
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Aug 21 04:31:09 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02517 seconds