Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Generating P2 Target Platform
Generating P2 Target Platform [message #778339] Thu, 12 January 2012 13:13 Go to next message
Dark Phoenix is currently offline Dark PhoenixFriend
Hello,
I want to build an RCP Application with Maven and Tycho but then I should make my Target Platform wich is only a folder in the file-system to a p2 repository.
To generate the p2 I createt a new workspace, set the target platform and followed this tutorial: nirmalsasidharan .wordpress.com/2010/10/09/provisioning-your-target-platform-as-local-p2-site/
Eclipse generates me a p2 repository and all seems fine but when I want to set this generated p2 as target platform in eclipse it fails. Eclipse says that "org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.finder" requieres the package "javax.swing.text".
I searched a bit and found out that javax.swing.text is a part from the jdk, and some people managed it somehow to get the jdk in this p2.

Can you please help me with this issue? Can't find any information witch can help.

THX in advance

Best regards

DarkPhoenix
Re: Generating P2 Target Platform [message #779684 is a reply to message #778339] Mon, 16 January 2012 10:23 Go to previous message
Dark Phoenix is currently offline Dark PhoenixFriend
Is there no one who could help me with this issue? Sad
This is essential for the build with tycho.

I know there should be a solution for this problem because on this pages they had made the JRE part of the p2:
dev.eclipse .org/mhonarc/lists/p2-dev/msg04350.html

<unit id='a.jre.javase' version='1.6.0' singleton='false'>
<provided namespace='java.package' name='javax.swing' version='0.0.0'/>

or
grepcode .com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.sonatype.tycho/tycho-osgi-components/0.11.1/p2repo/content.xml

<unit id='a.jre' version='1.6.0' singleton='false'>
<provided namespace='java.package' name='javax.swing' version='0.0.0'/>
Previous Topic:How to prevent uninstalling itself?
Next Topic:p2 installer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:13:05 GMT 2024