Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EVL Validation on Diagram with references
Re: EVL Validation on Diagram with references [message #778616 is a reply to message #778519] Fri, 13 January 2012 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris Kolovos
Hi,

This sounds like a bug. Could you please submit a bug report using the link below and post the new bug link back here?

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=GMT&component=Epsilon

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: EVL Validation on Diagram with references [message #778783 is a reply to message #778616] Fri, 13 January 2012 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Snakebyte Missing name is currently offline Snakebyte Missing name
I made a bug report explaining the situation as good as possible.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=368586

Would be really glad about a fix. Or about any suggestions for a quick fix.
Re: EVL Validation on Diagram with references [message #803663 is a reply to message #778783] Tue, 21 February 2012 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok i currently tried a workaround for the problem.

Simply add a null check at validate method in EvlValidator.java.

Here is the code for it :

TreeIterator<EObject> allContents = resource.getAllContents();

while (allContents.hasNext()) {
			EObject eObject =  allContents.next();
			ArrayList<EvlUnsatisfiedConstraint> unsatisfied = new ArrayList<EvlUnsatisfiedConstraint>();
			results.put(eObject, unsatisfied);
		}

for (EvlUnsatisfiedConstraint unsatisfied : module.getContext().getUnsatisfiedConstraints()) {
			if(results.get(unsatisfied.getInstance()) != null)
			results.get(unsatisfied.getInstance()).add(unsatisfied);
		}

@EpsilonDevelopers : This Workaround just avoid the null pointer exception mentioned here. All other exception are not avoided. While doing this, only the current Resource is checked. Maybe it would be great to add support for checking multiple ResourceSets together.

Greetings
Re: EVL Validation on Diagram with references [message #803805 is a reply to message #803663] Tue, 21 February 2012 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-Dominguez
As you said, I'd rather have this working normally than adding a workaround. I'll have a look at this during this week and let you know how it goes Smile.
Re: EVL Validation on Diagram with references [message #803939 is a reply to message #803805] Wed, 22 February 2012 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GREAT !
I would be really happy if you can give me any information about your progress as fast as possible, because i like working things, like you. Wink
Re: EVL Validation on Diagram with references [message #805470 is a reply to message #803939] Thu, 23 February 2012 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-Dominguez
I've just committed a fix to SVN for this. If you work straight from SVN, you just need to update your working copy. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the next interim release.
Re: EVL Validation on Diagram with references [message #806810 is a reply to message #805470] Sat, 25 February 2012 14:27 Go to previous message
I will test it.
THANKS !
Previous Topic:About ETL rules
Next Topic:Using EVL in rekursive context
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 25 16:11:04 GMT 2014