Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Polymorphic XML extension support(Hi)
Polymorphic XML extension support [message #777455] Tue, 10 January 2012 14:47 Go to next message
João Osório is currently offline João OsórioFriend
Hi,

Congratulations on what seems to be a very usefull project.

I was wondering if there is any way of having a Sapphire editor do support plugins that contribute domain edition. One possibility of making the domain extensible would be to use XSI (XML Schema Instance).

The ideia is to use an xml source like:

<myDomain>
<common>something</common>

<vehicle xsi:type="c:car" xmlns:xsi="..." xmlns:c="urn:car">
<weels>4</weels>
</vehicle>

<vehicle xsi:type="t:train" xmlns:xsi="..." xmlns:t="urn:train">
<passengerCars>4</passengerCars>
</vehicle>
</myDomain>

Suppose that the edition of both the c:car and t:train types are not bundled with the base myDomain saphire editor, but I wan't to be able to add the editing support later as a plugin without altering the base editor.

Is this scenario possible? Do you have an alternative sugestion?

Thank you so much Very Happy

João
Re: Polymorphic XML extension support [message #777516 is a reply to message #777455] Tue, 10 January 2012 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob Cernich is currently offline Rob CernichFriend
Hey João,

It's probably a little out of date, but this is how I was approaching this problem.
The main plugin with the editor: https://github.com/rcernich/tools/tree/switchyard_editor/eclipse/plugins/org.switchyard.tools.ui.editor
A plugin adding support for a specific element extension: https://github.com/rcernich/tools/tree/switchyard_editor/eclipse/plugins/org.switchyard.tools.soap.ui

Here are the relevant classes which provide the integration and support within Sapphire: https://github.com/rcernich/tools/tree/switchyard_editor/eclipse/plugins/org.switchyard.tools.ui.editor/src/org/switchyard/tools/ui/editor/sapphire

It's been a couple of months since I've updated these, so they may very well be out of date, but this is the way I solved this problem.

Best,
Rob
Re: Polymorphic XML extension support [message #777648 is a reply to message #777516] Tue, 10 January 2012 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
João Osório is currently offline João OsórioFriend
Hi Rob,

thanks for your reply.
That's the functionality I was looking for.

Maybe Sapphire will absorb your package and make this feature more readily available.
Meanwhile your code will help me a lot and possibly someone looking for the same functionality.

Best Very Happy
João
Re: Polymorphic XML extension support [message #778362 is a reply to message #777648] Thu, 12 January 2012 15:44 Go to previous message
Rob Cernich is currently offline Rob CernichFriend
Glad it helped.
Previous Topic:Transient properties as property editors
Next Topic:Section label refresh bug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:56:57 GMT 2024